Best smartwatch for the FP3

I am searching for a nice smartwatch to use with my Fairphone 3. Which smartwatches do you have? Which is your experience? I checked the FitBit Versa 2, but it is not listed as compatible on their web.

Welcome to the forum!
IMHO I would say that any watch is compatible, as long it have it’s own app on the phone. I use Garmin Vivoactive HR with FP2 and it works great. I have Garmin Connect on FP2.

1 Like

I tested the Fitbit Versa 1 with my FP2 some years ago. Did not work at all. So you should trust them when a Fairphone is not listed as compatible.
Now I use a Garmin Fenix 6 with my FP3 without any problems.

1 Like

I use a Fossil Hybrid HR with a FP3. Works well, but I dislike having BT on 24/7.

I’m using a Scanwatch from withings (hybrid), works great. BT is on anyway, because of the German corona warn app.
I’m naively thinking that, as withings is a French company, they are complying to the European data protection standards :wink:

Actually I’m using the Fitbit Versa 2 with the FP3, and it’s working pretty well.

Anyway, I wouldn’t buy a smartwatch again, because actually I’m only using the step count and the alarm clock. Considering that Fitbit is also a privacy monster, I’m not sure if an ordinary watch with alarm function wouldn’t be a better choice.

1 Like

Using the Garmin Forerunner 945 with the FP3 without issues. The nice thing about Garmin watches is great battery life, always on display and you can disallow data uploading. In that case all your health data stays local on the watch, you can download it via USB and use e.g. open source software to make use of it.

2 Likes

Good to hear Fitbit is running well together with the FP3.
I sold mine just a few days after I bought it for many, many reasons. Privacy was one huge point.
Another was the poor battery life, especially when the display is always on. The inability of having background tasks (a contdown timer got interrupted when receiving a message) sic!

Told the support, that they should ask the former Pebble employees they took over, how to code a propper firmware.

2 Likes

I have the Fitbit Charge 4 around 3 months now and I haven’t had any problems with using it with my FP3. There are odd issues with the Fitbit - like heart rate goes off on it’s own at times - but use with the FP3 has never given my any problems

I’m still using my trusty Pebble watch with Rebble. It’s just smart enough for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mine broke, otherwise nice watch.

1 Like

I did the same. Awsome community.
The lost of the Pepple company was very sad. I always thought they focused on the right things, but the stupid people outside obviously like to charge their blinky watches every day, focused on the display that has TV resolution and sucks energy like a fifty year old fridge.

3 Likes

I am using the Versa 2 with the FP3 since 2019 and it works really fine. Now there are more recent Fitbit models but the Versa 2 has been updated with new features and not abandoned after the Google acquisition. I have the Covid greenpass and the credit card stored in it, it’s very helpful for daily operations and not only for activity tracking.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.