English

Behaviour on weak Wifi signal and public Wifi networks

In places where the signal is weak, it constantly tries to switch between the Wifi and the phone network, and there is no signal / connection at all at that time.

I also noticed that I do not get a “login page” on public Wifi networks (where you usually have to press “I accept”). There is just a “page not found” error message, and the page might only appear for a very short time. At one time, it worked anyway, but only for one minute.

However, on two Wifi networks I am “regulary” connected to, everything works fine (unless in spots where the signal is weak).

i had a similar problem with weak wlan-connections and its login-sites.
they also sometimes work without a login - for a short time (<60sec).

this seems to me as a problem of the connection that is slightly out of range.

i dont know how this should be ‘solved’ .

Today I’ve had the problem “constantly tries to switch between Wifi and mobile data, and then there is no signal at all” in a situation when the Wifi signal was strong enough. Looks like this is “triggered” by an app, and it can be “fixed” with a reboot.

(It is annoying that is asks for the PIN when rebooting and does not accept a fingerprint, but this is probably a forced “security feature” you cannot turn off).

Thanks for sharing!! I don’t know much about this 192.168.1.2 but got something more informative on this.