Battery only charging very very slowly

@anon9989719 thanks for this idea, I didn’t know about it yet!
However I got a mail today from the support and they want me to send my FP to their repair center.
I also told them I have a friend who has an FP3+ and I can try charging my battery in his phone or try his battery in my one, but they ignored my idea:D
Well I will send my FP to them and try to keep u guys up to date

1 Like

Yesterday I received my phone. Their answer said “no problem found”, but they replaced my batterie and the bottom module and all is working fine so far :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have had my fairphone 3 for about six months. It was previously charging fine.
When I plug in my charger, the lightening bolt does not appear in the battery icon, and the phone appears not to be charging, although actually it is charging very very slowly (about 1% per hour if the phone is on standby and I am not actively using it). At one point the battery completely drained and I was unable to charge it no matter how long I left it on charger. I have a friend who also has a fairphone 3, so I put my battery in her phone and it did charge there, and the lightening bolt showed, it still charged slowly but not as slowly as in my phone (more than 5% per hour). I have contacted customer support who were very helpful, and I have the option of sending the phone for repairs, but that involves wiping the phone completely and doing without the phone for a week or two which I would rather not do. So I have ordered a new bottom module and a new battery and I am going to try replacing them first. If that fails, I probably will send it for repair. Has anyone else had similar experience, and any solutions?

Hi and welcome to the forum

There have been other people with the same issue, you could try searching the forum.

https://forum.fairphone.com/search?q=charging%20very%20slowly

1 Like

I read there is a charging algorithm and once the battery is very flat it will charge very slowly. Using another phone is a way around that though still not quick.

3 Likes

I get very different charging speeds with different cables, I’ve seen everything from 50 mA to 1200 or so (I do not use a “fast charger”). So just dirt on the USB port cannot be the reason. Often unplugging the cable and plugging it in again helps.

One day last summer when somewhere outside it did not charge at all, probably due to overheating?

There still can be dirt being dislodge by varying cables plus some of the cables themselves may contain or transfer the dirt.

I have a similar issue using Fairphone ‘proper’ IF rated cables in a static closed environment. ??

I wanted to provide an update on the solution to my problem as it might help others. The problem was that the phone charged extremely slowly or not at all, and didn’t show the lightning bolt icon when charging. I ordered a new bottom module and a new battery, and when they were delivered I replaced the bottom module and now the phone charges fine (with both the old battery and the new battery), and the lightening bolt icon now displays again when it is charging. So the problem was clearly the bottom module.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.