Backup contacts periodically to vcf file

Hi!

I would like to backup my contacts to a vcf file periodically and send the file to my NAS. I found FolderSync (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.lite) as a solution to perdiodically send data to my NAS. But I still need a solution for periodically creating a vcf file of my contacts. Of course there are apps that do that. However they are either quite bloated with advertising (which makes me not trusting them) or are can do much more than I need (e.g. Titanium Backup, My Backup etc.).
I was already considering writing something like a cronjob to do this but I don’t know how to.
If someone here has a suggestion how to accomplish the periodic backup of contacts to the local storage (or directly to the NAS is of course also fine) your help is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

PS: If there is a nice App for this, I would also be willing to pay for it.

This is already inbuilt to the contacts app. Open contacts, press the three dot line beside the magnifying glass at the top right and select import/export. From the menu select export to .vcf file.

Thanks for the reply! However what I’m looking for is automating what you are describing,
I want to be able to schedule a time and a storage location and then the contacts are exported periodically to my specified location (on the phone or to my NAS).

Ah! Sorry, I misread.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.