Australia meets Austria

Dear Australian Fairphoners!
The Austrian Fairphoners suggested me to make a Fairphoners-meetup in Australia since I’m on holiday there at the end of July and in the beginning of August and I think this is a great idea!
I’m in Sydney from 19th to 24th of July and in Cairns from 6th to 13th of August. It would be great if someone lived there and had time!

Greetings from Austria
Clemens

3 Likes

What about @bignose, @mirroc, @Darren_Smith, @moomaniser, @olaf1, @PKontzionis, @retrovertigo, @andrewl, @Myles, @ilcrio? :slight_smile:

@Stanzi Would you maybe even bring a new Fairphone 2 along since they aren’t shipped there?

1 Like

Let’s see. Maybe I can bring one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice Idea. I am in Melbourne though, sorry. Don’t think I will be able to come north around that time. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I’m also in Melbourne, but thanks for the invite!

3 Likes

@Stanzi - I am on holidays til the 19th, but we can meet for a drink after work on Thursday or Friday - 21/22. I will bring my FP2 :wink:

3 Likes

I was in Melbourne (along with my FP1), but after 9 years away I’ve now just moved back to Sweden. Sorry to miss you.

1 Like

Bit late to the party, but might as well /sub.

Tasmanian here, and no money to come join you. :frowning: It’s a pity, because I really want to help add to the numbers to show that Australia wants more Fairphone!

1 Like

Thanks for the invitation, but i am traveling around Australia by now, and i will be in Japan from the 8th to 26th of August.
Have a good one:)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @stanzi!

Everything ok in your life? I hope so!! Here we are little by little going out from our caves/homes to sunny outer life!!

I’m writing to you asking for help,

A person living near Bilbao (our city) has asked us if Fairphone delivers their products to Australia.

I’ve seenthis page, where the use of fairphone in Australia does not seem to be confirmed (although I supose there is not any problem to deliver there…).

As I’ve seen this post of you travelling to Australia 2 years ago, I ask you if you have information about these 2 questions:
(1) do FP2 and FP3 work in Australia?
(2) Do you know if Fairphone delivers products to Australia?

I put @formerFP.Com.Manager in copy also in case she can also contribute,
Thank you all!

Iratxe

1 Like

Fairphone definitely does not deliver to any non-European country. Fairphone never has. Might change in the future, but this is the status quo since the beginning.

4 Likes

Thank you @urs_lesse!

Yes, I saw it later in the website. I got confused because in a search of “australia” I found the message of @Stanzi and I prefered to confirm.
Thank you very much!!

Iratxe

Hi @iratxe :slight_smile:

I’m fine, thanks :blush:
My FP2 worked there, including 4G from Vodafone. There is https://willmyphonework.net/ where you can check if the frequency stuff will work in a specific country, but the FP3 is not on the list yet. If I had to guess, I’d say it will probably work fine, but you can’t be sure until you try.

2 Likes

Thank you @stanzi,

The person that contacted us has told me that he has asked the FP3 to be delivered to Spain, and then he will send it to his friend living in Australia.
I will ask him to let us know that it works fine, and I will let you know,

I’m happy to know you are fine!
Take care and enjoy life!

Iratxe

2 Likes