🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Audio bug on brand new FP3+

Hello,

I have received my Fairphone FP3+ a month a go more or less and since I have got it, I have troubles with the audio. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not, this mean people or voice recorder cannot hear me. This occurs randomly and I often have to reboot it so I can get a phonecall o record an audio. I have written to the FP Support service but had no answer until now.
I can’t believe I have a new phone with which I am not able to call and cannot have any answer to this problem!
Does anybody else suffer or have suffered the same problem?

Cheers

2 Likes

While I personally have no issues, I can confirm you are not alone: https://www.fairphone.com/en/2020/10/23/software-issues-next-steps/

2 Likes

Thanks for your help but it is not exactly what they describe. It is just the sound which does not work on mine. Let’s hope a solution is found quickly, otherwise I will have to return the phone.

Does this happen after using Spotify?

Many people have reported similar issues, see for example

Good luck!
Thomas

1 Like

Hallo! Leider habe ich das gleiche Problem, wie du, ich verwende das neue Fairphone 3+ nun seit ca. einem Monat und immer wieder bekomme ich beim Telefonieren die Rückmeldung, dass mich die Leute entweder gar nicht oder so schlecht / so dumpf verstehen.
Ich habe mich bei meinem meinen Telefon für ein Fairphone entschieden, damit ich einzelne defekte Teile im Fall des Falles austauschen kann, und nicht das ganze Telefon wegschmeißen muss (wie dies leider bei meinem vorigen Sony Xperia der Fall war, welches ich wegwerfen musste, weil das Mikrofon !!! nicht mehr funktionierte). Ich möchte aber eigentlich nicht jetzt schon einen Hardware Teil austauschen müssen… Der Fall der Fälle darf nicht nach einem Monat schon eintreten!

Hast du mittlerweile eine Lösung für das Problem?

it’s a known issue just get a refund and try a different brand.
why you ask? because fairphone knows about this problem about the year or so and they refuse to fix it. They keep on pushing out software updates security updates even a new Android Version but still no fix for that god damn issue what makes the phone unusable as a phone which is weird because I bought this phone to …you know make calls and stuff.

Hatte unlängst mit einer Bekannten dasselbe Thema, wenn auch nicht mit einem FP3(+):

Bei schwachem Signal scheint VoLTE ein Hemmschuh zu sein. Auf die Schnelle: Probier mal, VoLTE in den Einstellungen (irgendwas mit “Mobile Netze” → “VoLTE”) zu deaktivieren, vielleicht hilft das schon.

Irgendwer hat hier mal berichtet, dass Anrufe zum/vom Festnetz nicht davon betroffen sind. Du kannst ja mal versuchen, jemanden im Festnetz zu erreichen. Wenn Dich der Teilnehmer gut versteht, wird Dir das Deaktivieren von VoLTE wahrscheinlich dienlich sein. Auch das Deaktivieren von “4G LTE Enhanced” kann helfen.

Mikrofone kann man austauschen, wenn auch nur der geschulte Service-Techniker und wahrscheinlich zu horrenden Kosten.

3 Likes

Danke für deine Rückmeldung! Ich werde deine Tipps Mal versuchen!
(Die Übersetzung ist manchmal ein wenig verrückt…)

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. But if the phone is under guarantee, couldn’t we demand a new phone or a refund? I have bought it directly from the web.
Maybe if all of the users who are experimenting this problem would ask a refund, they would make a move?

Nop, never use Spotify

Ofcourse you could and they will happily send a new Phone that will have the Same issue. Its a Software Bug. They cant or dont want to fix that. The issue is known for about a year or so. I will call my reseller this Week and probably Grab an a41 or so. I bought the Fairphone 4-5 months ago. 3 months ago i wrote to the Support their answer was “we know about that Problem Go get a refund”. There are plenty of people having this issues dozens of Posts in the Forum but fairphone refuses to vocalize about that so IMO they had their Chance.

I have this problem too. Sometimes I call people or I answer a call and the phone is totally silent. The call does go through, it’s just the audio that is not there.
I hoped I could fix it killing some app that was using the audio subsystem, maybe some app was not releasing a lock on the audio devices. No luck, I have to reboot the phone when this happens.
I hope this issue will not show up when I will replace the Fairphone OS with some different one, either /e/ or LineageOS, I think it’s a software bug, not a hardware one.