Asking for features

They would be if they existed :slight_smile:

• By the way whereas there is a fairphone.org as well as fairphone.com there is no gitlab or forum subdomain on fairphone.org only on the fairphone.com

• In terms of the subdomains that do exist on the [faiphone.com] SLD that they are hosted on the same server doesn’t mean they use the same management, which is why this forum is not official.

UPDATE: It has been pointed out to me by @Volker, which I did really know that the admin of the site is down to Fairphone employees, the @admins for the forum Discourse updates etc.

So to clarify the forum admins are not employed to pass info to other departments, nor are other departments employed to get the admins to post ‘news’

Of course I may be wrong etc. but that’s what I can figure out so far.

2 Likes

How did you solve the navigation bar problem? (Yes, yes, I did read sómething about ADB, but have no clue what that is :sob:)
I take it that you mean that you managed to switch the “recent”-button to the left and the “go back”-button to the right aka their proper and rightful places? If so, please tell us, me, how you did that? I have no experience with rooting, or customizing an android smartphone, so I would need a method which has lots of “hand holding”, a method for android dummies who have some programming experience and use Windows 10…:pleading_face::pensive:
Thanks!
I used an app called ”Navigation Bar” but it stopped working. It has lotsa ads, so not sorry to see it go…

"Sry for my bad English”
Fishing for compliments??, :wink::wink::smirk::smirk::heart:
Haha, your Dunglish is fine, just sometimes slíghtly odd (if that)

@rokejulianlockhart
Well, 2 and 4 àre tóó, next to eachother…
#OhWait
¿#WhatIsThree?
:smirk::smirk::heart::smirk::smirk::smirk:

ADB (Android Debug Bridge) is a tool for developers to interact with Android phones from a seperate system. You could, for example, access your phone from a Windows PC. You could access system information and RAM usage, etc.

That’s what I know about it (haven’t had much time to read myself into it as well).

I didn’t solve the problem yet but that was one of the solutions I have found. I wouldn’t try it though, because I wouldn’t know what I am doing so that could break my system or at least mess it up enough to require a reinstall.

Sry to tell you but you are completely wrong. The right way is to use the return-button on the left and the recent-button on the right. The Fairphone-devs know what they are doing.

In order to use adb you would need to install it on your Windows machine and activate the option in the developer settings on your phone.

After that I don’t know how to place the button incorrectly but there should be some tutorials out there.

And I don’t want any compliments for my english. I just happened to talk a bit with others in english lately and recognised my many mistakes. I’m german so my sentences make sense for me but the correct english wording is completely different sometimes.
Thanks though.

@Traps8003
I’m german so my sentences make sense for me
It’s “make sense me” …Nice Germanism, though.

1 Like

I just produced a short little video 7 sec. showing how I swipe across ~20 open apps to close ‘All Apps’ with a tap (two in total) and a swipe.
But the video format, mp4, couldn’t be uploaded file size 8,34 MB.

Try saving the video with less quality and or make it a gif not an mpg4

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.