Are Fairphone shipping to the UK still?

There isn’t an option in the Country dropdown in the shipping address, although there is an FAQ article saying that it will ship to the UK

Welcome to our community forum. :slight_smile:

When you visit https://shop.fairphone.com, are your country settings on UK (the flag at the right hand side of the top bar) here:

3 Likes

Yes the little flag menu will help :slight_smile: It has the Dutch flag with EN whereas you want the UK flag with EN

The url ends . . .com/gb_en/ ~ use the link below.

FYI I bought the FP3+ in October last it took a week to arrive ~ I’m in Cornwall. My daughter V bought one in December that took two weeks to arrive ~ she’s in London

The FP3+ has not just camera upgrades but audio upgrades.

All the best

5 Likes

Thank you so much. Order now placed

3 Likes

Hello. I’m very interested in the 3 Plus but can’t get it shipped to the UK. I’m a this likely to change anytime soon?

Kind regards,

Mark.

Welcome to the community forum!
I moved your post here as there was already a topic about it. You can check the tips given above.

3 Likes

I recommend you try ordering via the link within amoun’s post above. Let us know if this works out for you.

3 Likes

That’s great thanks for your help. Sorry I didn’t see the option on the website.

Kind regards,

Mark.

3 Likes

Hi all,
I am trying to order the Fairphone 3+ now. I can’t get past checkout, as the screen gives me this buffering symbol and not much else. Any advice on how to get past this?

1 Like

No problem here trying from Cornwall UK
Did you use the correct url
Buy Fairphone 3+ | Fairphone Official Website else clear the cookie or browser cache maybe

2 Likes

Thanks Amoun! I just tried again today and it worked for some reason.

My next issue is that I want to order the Fairphone to the UK but pay with a credit card with a billing address in the United States. However, trying to input a new billing address only allows me to select the UK as a country. Any advice on that?

No you have to use an EU or UK billing address, what you can do is contact support@fairphone.com with the issue. I had a similar problem and paid by bank transfer.

or ask if you can use a UK acquaintance/friends card and pay your friend.

1 Like

Why 3+ ? The camera is practically the same.

Get one from a uk based reseller, I bought mine from ballicom, but there are others. There’s always eBay, you can get a new 3+ for £295 with free delivery.

The 3+ has an improved amplifier on the core module, as well as speakers. Both cameras are upgraded the front from 8 to 16 and the back from 12 to 4x12 bayer chip.

I think there’s more recycled plastic etc. too

and if you buy the FP3 and later upgrade the modules that contain the speakers you cannot benefit from the improved audio as that’s down to the core module.

2 Likes

I think all the improvements and upgrades are paltry and a marketing ploy. I think 3+ exists to sell 3 at a higher price in a new packaging.

1 Like

paltry : but little steps
money : well Fairphone is in the business of being fairer to the labourers , so more profit is what they want:)

Only, the FP3+ is right now sold at a lower price (439€), than the FP3 when it hit the market (450€)
And the FP3 is still sold as well; at 40€ less.So, everyone has the choice, if he/she considers the “marketing ploy” worth the additional 40€. ; )

It’s not, like they are hiding something.

EDIT

Back to the topic:
Ordering in UK is no problem, aside from the problem with the FP shop page.
There are other online-sellers beside Fairphone, that are based in the UK or that are shipping to the UK as well.
When selecting the phone, on the product-page, there is a button labeled “Local stores”.
Clicking on it opens a popup window (so you have to have them enabled), that show a list of official online resellers.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.