"Aqua Mail" installed(?) unasked

Hello,

yesterday I made the latest Fairphone Update, over night I set the phone in airplane mode and when I deactivated airplane mode this morning I got an icon for “Aqua Mail” on my home screen. Is that related to the update or shoul I worry about malware?

Some more information: there seems to be not more than the icon. I wanted to uninstall the app, but neither in the menu nor in “App-Settings” is an “Aqua-Mail” listed, so I can’t uninstall it.

My questions:

• is that intended by fairphone or could my phone be infected?
  • does anybody else have this issue?
  • has anybody experience in removing android malware? Does a factory reset wipe the malware or is there more to do? (I know, “it depends”, which steps could restore a safe state of the phone?)

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards,
Nico

Yes I also had that icon on my homescreen without having installed anything like that. I removed the icon and let Kaspersky doing a full search. Nothing weird came up.
So perhaps it’s one of the hidden bugs…:cold_sweat:
Regards Franz

Hi, I am an Android user, and had the same spooky apparition of Aqua Mail icon on homescreen after I called back to an unknown number.

Filecommander or office suite installed on your phone? That could be the cause.
http://androidforums.com/threads/app-installed-by-itself-on-home-screen.1101936/

1 Like

Actually I’ve got the PDF Reader of Office Suite installed. I removed that now, thank you very much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.