Apps like WhatsApp only notify with WiFi

Hi, I’m having issues with WhatsApp. It does not notify at all when I’m connected to 3G/4G. I have good signal where I am but it doesn’t come through. I only get notifications when I’m on WiFi.

It only works when I open the app. Anybody having the same issue or know a way to solve this?

Wei Jin

I guess you have background data restricted. Have a look at Settings --> Data usage --> the three dots menu in the upper right corner: If it says “Allow background data” it’s restricted. But be careful, by allowing it, your phone will use much more mobile data.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve not got Background Data Restricted. I’ve turned it on and off again just in case. I don’t think that’s the main issue.

I also have a problem with the notifications in Whatsapp, even when I use WIFI. Sometimes I do not receive notifications until I open the app. Other times it works properly… Background data are allowed.

solved yet? I’ve been struggling with this for a few weeks or months now