"App won't run unless you update Google Play services"

Hi,

I have FPOOS since a few months and until now I had problems to make some apps run, some displaying a message on launch saying they need Google Play Services, but then when you clicked Ok the message would disappear and the app would run perfectly. But some did not run at all (like Google Maps for example).

Now, I’ve started from scratch. I’ve successfully installed FPOOS 16.12.0, and installed XPosed Module “This App will run without Google Play Services” like explained in step 4 of this tutorial (✏ How to install any app on FP Open OS (for beginners and experts)).

And to some extent, it works. The apps no longer display the pop-up message saying they need Google Services. And apps like Google Maps run smoothly.

The only thing is that a lot of apps generate a notification now, saying “app won’t run unless you update Google Play services”.

Given the configuration explained in the tutorial, is there a way now to “update” the faked Google Play services, or do I have to live with these annoying notifications?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice.

NC

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to be able to install and use any app on FP Open OS [meta discussion]