I have a peculiar issue that I want to share here in the hope of getting it fixed… At the moment I have a Fairphone 3 for about 5 months or so and I have installed an AOSP GSI as a custom degoogled Android ROM. I’ve been using it happily for 4 months or so, but a month ago I switched providers and now I’m having trouble receiving texts.
The timeline so far:
- It worked on the first couple of days of switching (I think)
- Noticed I wasn’t receiving people’s and company texts for the week after (roughly)
- Called my provider. Everything seemed OK and the SIM worked on my old phone too. They were going to look into it.
- Started receiving texts again a week later. Provider said they did not change anything in the end.
- Not receiving texts again another week or so later (same issue).
- Called provider again. They switched my SIM, still nothing.
I have the feeling it’s not the problem of my provider. It seems to be either my custom ROM or my phone that’s malfunctioning. I’m currently trying to rule out which one it is.
I’ve looked into other topics mentioning this problem but no success… SMSC settings are fine, rebooted a billion times.
Last resort would be factory reset or installing a different ROM, but I REALLY don’t want to go there…