Anyone having FP3(+) at Helsinki area?

Hi!

I already posted this on the Finland thread but it´s an old one so I´m afraid it won´t be noticed.

Is there anyone here who lives around the Helsinki area and owns an FP3 or 3+? My 3+ got wet and after drying it for days it switches on as it should but when I try to unlock the screen, the lockscreen just keeps dropping back. So the screen is not completely dead as it responds to touch but the lock screen just won´t unlock.

I already asked the fairphone angel in Järvenpää and he doesn´t have parts for FP3.

So I was wondering, if there is someone who owns a 3 or 3+ and would be kind enough to let me try their display on my phone to see if it starts to work. That way I could see if I just need to order a new display or is it something more serious.

We could meet at a coffee house somewhere, I´d buy you a cup and we can chit-chat (finnish or english) while I try your display. Or we can just sit in silence, if that´s more like your thing. The switch only takes about 15 minutes if all the screws in your phone are fine.

Thanks!

Teemu

Hey Teemu, actually, this is perfect timing for me because I have just ordered a new display to replace one that is coming unglued. We can test it on the old screen. PM me.

8 Likes

Thanks a million @davidmm for your help.

For those who are reading this thread because of similar problems (phone switches on ok but you can´t unlock the screen), trying another display showed that the problem for me was the display. So I´ll just order a new one.

Teemu

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.