English

Anybody interested in a London based event?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f05d9228838> #<Tag:0x00007f05d92286f8>

HI there - I’m happy to help organise and host an event in London to support users and promote fairphone to those not in the know!

However, I have limited technical skills, but plenty of confidence and a few quirky ideas that could help drive awareness (meeting up over a cigar in central London for example? You can still smoke inside in the cigar stores of St. James’ and I know they’d let us host an informal gathering).

Please do reach out if any ideas, questions or just to say you are here too!

Johny

3 Likes

Hooking in @Kamil_Pachalko, who started the UK fb group:

United Kingdom Facebook Community

Please enter your details in the Local Fairphoners Address Book and link to this topic. It will give you better visibility. :slight_smile:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/local-fairphoners-address-book-fairphone-communities/3815/40?u=jonathan_cuffe&source_topic_id=25468

I think this is what you mean @Stefan?

1 Like

Yes, great! :slight_smile: Thank you! Please also put a link to this topic into your address book entry, so that others can discuss with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Stefan for linking us up.

Hi Jonathan, thanks for coming up with the initiative. I will link to this topic on the facebook page as well to send people your way. Can’t promise I can come down from sunny Southend but happy to help out wherever I can. I have a spare battery I can donate to the parts repository - I will look for it.

3 Likes

Is there any chance someone could meet me in London in the evening on 14 May or during the day on the 15th? I could really do with a hands-on demonstration of how to remove the bottom module.

But not in a cigar shop please - I hate smoking.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Is there actually an active Fairphone users’ community in London?

3 Likes

Not sure. I openend the topic again after someone on Twitter asked for local help in London and I redirected them to here. Seems that person didn’t bother to post.