Any tutorial on how to write my own app?

I want to write my own app (only for me, not for publishing) on the fp4.
I can code but have no experience with java, kotlin nor development for android.
Could please someone point me to a tutorial such as what phone emulator I have to use under android-studio, the special features of the fp4 and so on? And the basics of java as well.

Hi there.

Personnaly I’m not a big fan of java/native android coding.
Fortunately, Google has published a framework named Flutter which is very intuitive and easy to use.
Language syntax is similar to java/c# and there’s a LOT of documentation and community tutorials.
Flutter’s official tutorials is very good location to start :wink:
They have a dedicated tutorial to get started with your environement setup

7 Likes

Hi @Thilo_Klingel Welcome to the forum

As this is not an FP4 issue nor a help for the FP4 I have changed the title.

This is a development issue for whichever OS you are using generally Android 11 for the default FP4 currently.

If the title seems a bit off please say so.

Could please someone point me to a tutorial such as what phone emulator I have to use under android-studio, the special features of the fp4 and so on?

You don’t have to use an emulator, you can run it straight on the device too. But if you use an emulator in Android Studio just pick any that has the same Android version, Fairphone uses very standard Android, no real modifications, so the default emulators give you a good feel for the device too.

And the basics of java as well.

You probably don’t want to use Java for Android but Kotlin. Or Flutter, as some suggested. I would recommend just looking through the official documentation: Créer votre première application  |  Android Developers

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.