Any permission manager like CMs privacy guard on FP OS?

I am missing a permission manager like CMs “Privacy Guard”. Ok. FP OS tells me about privacy impact. But I do not want just being told that the door is open - I want the key to close it! Any recommendations for an installable permission manager ?

1 Like

I use xprivacy for this purpose, it needs the xposed framework to be installed.

3 Likes

A permission manager is built-in with Android 6.0 Marshmallow or 7.0 Nougat.

There’s no Android 6 nor 7 for FP2 yet.

I only know XPrivacy as @freibadschwimmer stated. I don’t use it, but it’s known to be great.

I dislike Xposed and doesn’t need such precission to block, although I missed Privacy Guard from CM too. I use NetGuard to block network access to any app I don’t trust (i.e. closed-source)

1 Like

I tried it and tested it, looks fine so far, BUT: It looks as you cannot tame Google Apps with it. They just don’t show up in xprivacy. Maybe it’s because they are part of the system. I remember CM privacy guard allowing me to set restrictions on all apps - including Google.

It seems like you are able to block system apps tweaking the Filter option. There’s a complete guide here

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.