Android User Profiles - is there another way?

Hi all!
Is there another smart way to use different profiles / users than Android User Profiles?

I recently switched from Samsung to the Fairphone 5. With Knox, Samsung offers the opportunity to create a secure container within the existing environment. So far I have only found the way to create another user on Android and, for example, configure the apps for the second SIM (WhatsApp, Gmail, etc.)
The biggest disadvantage I see is that I don’t receive any notifications for “User1” when “User2” is currently activated. So I have to switch between users regularly to check messages. Is there a better way?

Shelter works perfectly for this for me!

3 Likes

Cool. It looks promising - I’ll give it a try.

Thanks!

This sounds super promising to me. Please tell us more about your workflow once you have resolved your issue with User profiles.

This app is awesome! It took me a few minutes to understand but then it’s really fun to use. I haven’t been able to try out some features yet (fake camera, for example) but I’m sure that it works sensibly too. I’m happy with this. Thanks @ostyn for the recommendation.

I managed to create two completely isolated environments with just a few simple steps. You can either install apps the traditional way (F-Droid, Play Store, APK …) or - if the app is already installed in your profile - you simply clone it into the work profile. Along the way, I separated address books, calendars and mail clients as well as messengers (Whatsapp, Telegram, Signal) from each other and was also able to restrict their access to contact data.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.