Android bug in Qualcomm processors

Hi there,

I have just learned from the BBC website of a bug in Qualcomm processors that leaves them vulnerable to cyberattack:

As suggested in the article I downloaded the QuadRooter Scanner and it said my Fairphone 2 is vulnerable to CVE-2016-2503, CVE-2016-2059 and CVE-2016-5340. The article said to contact the phone manufacturer to update the device’s operating system.

I’m posting this in the hope that it will a) make others aware and b) it will get the bug fixed for us all!

Best wishes,

Jen

1 Like

Please see:

btw: In the top right corner there’s a search function.

That said, the forum is a community forum. If you want to get in touch with Fairphone, please use the support page. However, I am sure the devs read the Android security bulletins, so no need to worry - I am sure the bug fix will be included in the next update after a Google has published a fix :wink:

Thanks for the reply, I did try searching but I must have used the wrong search terms because I couldn’t see that come up (mind you the formatting of the forum is a bit crazy in this browser so maybe I just missed it).

Best wishes,

Jen

Yes, the forum view is indeed not the most clearly arranged one, so it it can happen to oversee something. :slight_smile: