Android 7 delayed ... Multiple problems because of Android 6?

Not a very professional solution, that’s for sure. But if that prevents you from the unpleasant situation of sending it in for repair - good. If that works and you have back a working phone just in seconds, why not? If it is also reliable - perfect. If not, call support.

3 Likes

That’s for sure.
But FP offers a small (adhesive) piece of plastic, that can easily be attached and that fixes this problem perfectly well.
I just wonder, why they don’t promote this solution here on the forum or on the support page?

Don’t be too harsh with FP. They are producing the phone in batches and if there is a quality issue in one batch (say 1 out of 10 battery-frames a tiny bit on the large side), then this will show over and over again over the next months, while the global players, besides having more resources for quality management, are done with such errors in days, as they have a constant (and higher) output of phones.
And it’s a risk, that comes with replaceble batteries only. Soldering the battery and sealing the phone obviously leaves no room for this kind of error. :wink:

4 Likes

Just to add on SoC replacement: it has to do with the pinout that constantly changes between ARM processors (as you said earlier). Unlike in the PC world where you have standard sockets, there is no such thing on ARM (they even change CPU instructions between two different breed of ARM CPU!).

So it can’t be bad design, it’s just the choice they had to make to keep a phone we can hold in our hand (remember that replaceable parts means physical movements between parts, with the associated maintenance issue…).

8 Likes

Well on my HTC desire i had to put tape on the SD card for it to work reliably. I also repair a lot of industrial stuff and bad contact is not very uncommon where there are vibrations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.