Android 6.0 is awesome but I cannot add more home screens

Hey FP team. Really enjoying the update to Android 6 - though there aren’t too many big changes!

The one issue I’ve had so far is that I can’t seem to add more screens left/right of my home screen. According to the internet, I should be able to do it by dragging apps or widgets to the very right or left of the screen, but that doesn’t seem to have any effect!

Any help would be appreciated.

I find that you have to drag them off the screen and that creates a new home screen. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hmm I’m not sure if I’m doing it right but I can’t seem to drag them far enough! I’m trying with a large widget and it’s almost completely off the side of the screen but nothing happens.

You can only add new screens to the right of your main screen, but that should work the same as with Android 5. Don’t slide your finger past the edge of the screen or the widget will be “dropped”, but keep “holding” the widget close to the edge of the screen until a new page appears.

So I got a friend to do it, and somehow it worked! I really have no idea how. But I did notice that now, there’s a little white bar to the right of my home screen when I drag icons around in the ‘edit homescreen’ view (where you add widgets from). 99% positive that was not there before, but I have no idea why that would be the case.

Anyway, issue resolved! Thank you for your input :).