Android 12 tap clock to load Clock doesn't work

Hi all,
I’m overall fine with the A12 update. However in A11 I could pull down the shade then tap the digital clock in the top right notification bar to load the Clock app, from where I could quickly set an alarm or timer. Now in A12 that doesn’t work. Is there a setting I need to change? Is there another quick way to do this (swipe then tap)? Or is this a regression? If a regression, can it be fixed in the next feature release please?

There are a few other things I don’t like, but other people have mentioned them so no need for me to do that.

The main thing I like is that minimum brightness is now genuinely dark!

Cheers :slight_smile:

There is a quicksetting available called “weckruf” in German which brings you directly to the alarm settings…maybe use the pencil

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that this is now the default with Android 12. I used to tap on the time in the notification bar, too, but after a little getting used to I’m now doing what yvmuell suggests: using the “Alarm” quicksetting (which is much easier to hit anyway).

2 Likes

Thanks @Ingo ! That’s exactly what I needed :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.