Android 12 has come to the FP4

You can search for “android 12 features”, there are plenty of blogs and videos about it that can explain the benefits in plain English.

Bingo!
Wednesday 1st, 10 am local time, and no Android 12 upgrade for Orange France clients. :pensive:
(No security update either)

“with some luck, it will be out before the end of March” -sigh-

1 Like

In Germany using O2 there is also no update available, yet :wink:

EDIT: BTW, the release notes are also not showing any A12 version: https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405858220945

2 Likes

Germany Telekom (D1) also no update yet. Fairphone @ Twitter says it is out. We have to be patient. The day is still long.

3 Likes

The roll out takes a few days etc.

NOTE: Starting today the 1st

Give the poor workers a day. I would expect a new topic with title to indicate that the roll out is underway and showing no problems.

2 Likes

Of course they should take the time for the roll out.
However, in my opinion and from my professional view as project manager I would rather say, use the 5P rule: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance
In other words: If you announce it you should be ready to perform the actual roll out.

2 Likes

It’s there (Telekom, D1, Klarmobil).

9 Likes

Installing the update right now. (Germany, Congstar)

4 Likes

Installing the update right now. (Switzerland, Salt)

5 Likes

Pre-release? Vodafone CZ.

3 Likes

I believe that if you’re a beta tester, then the updater would call everything a pre-release even if it isn’t a prerelease. If you’re suspicious, you could wait for the announcement and see if the version strings match :slight_smile:

Its available for O2/Drillisch

2 Likes

I haven’t entered any beta testing willingfully :slight_smile: But hey, I’ll give it a go!

1 Like

The “regular” update number is identical with yours, so is the security patch level, and all that seems to be different is your “This is a pre-release update” line (that is missing from the screen info I got). :slight_smile:

P.S.: I feel so SP1.Yed on … :grimacing: :wink:

4 Likes

Luckily we can do scrolling screenshots in Android 12 :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Also Salt in Switzerland. It seems like salt users are the lucky ones in CH

3 Likes

But only if the app supports it (Firefox doesn’t for example), so let’s see if it works for the update info :nerd_face:

1 Like

I have the same, strange. Let’s hope it’s not a test version we’re getting.

Done! Android 12 working now on my FP4…

1 Like

Just updated, all working fine. Nice! :+1:
Say, didn’t Android 12 bring dynamic colors based on wallpapers and themed icons? Or was that 13?

2 Likes