Android 12 has come to the FP4

Thank you. Enough reasons to wait with the update. Do someone knows a way to disable the nagging update reminder popping up? I already disabled automatic system updates on restart.
I know now that there is an update available. I can decide myself when I like to apply it.

I probably have the same issue.

I noticed that phone calls do connect, whereas the media audio not only doesn’t sound, but also the audio medias (perhaps others too) do not perform properly, when connected to my bluetooth earbuds. Otherwise performs.

This happened exactly with the update, and if it can’t be fixed, can I somehow roll back the update? Because this makes my phone like 50% useless to me.

Agree with this, to an extent. I can also live with the cosmetic problems, but at least about half of what I use my phone for has become impossible with the update. I understand that this cannot be fixed right away, but then is there a way to roll back to Android 11? Because this is a disaster. It is like we’re recommended to install an update that was hardly tested (because these are obvious immediate problems), and now our phones are broken and hardly useful as smartphones anymore.

Maybe this is less of a disaster for somebody else, but I almost only use my phone connected to bluetooth audio and virtually all media/entertainment/call use is now gone. For me, this turns the phone into a text messaging machine, and I was able to do that with my phone back in 90’s and it didn’t cost me 600€+.

Edit: Thanks for the fixes, and sorry everybody, I let my feelings have the better of me. I don’t usually react this badly, I’m a long time Fairphone owner, user and supporter, but bluetooth audio just makes such a big part of my phone use that this is extremely frustrating and actually infuriating. I was pretty close to throw my phone to the wall already. Calming down now.

1 Like

Plenty of people here, me included, desire a developers’ blog, while a handful of users seem to see this as a waste of resources.

We’ll see if Fairphone decides to have fair communication with their consumers, or if they will keep on mostly ignoring any and all posts on this forum. Some of the issues affecting the FP4 has been around since it launched and it’s unclear if they know/care about them.

6 Likes

An idea is to install CalyxOS. That way you get Android 13, and it actually works really well.

3 Likes

There is s workaround for the BT codec bug

Else going back would mean a factory reset, manual installation and afterwards an unlocked bootloader andmaybe other obstacles. Therefore normally old versions are not available to download

3 Likes

I’m going to google that then.

Holy headphones, Batman, that actually fixed the problem! Thank you yvmuell and whoever came up with the fix. Sweet. The rest of the issues are relatively minor in my use. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve since reverted back to FP OS from LOS20 now 12 is here. Can’t lock yet as get unlock says 0. I was wondering if I can trip it back to 1 using ADB shell. In dev options unlock is greyed out and now set to off.

its “there” however only when you pull down the quick settings menu…

2 Likes

Are there any plans to include the monet theme engine, which enables a dynamic system & icon color palette based on the wallpaper, in a later update, or can we expect that only in Android 13?

1 Like

First post here, but can we please please please get rid of the bloody google be search bar on the home screen? It was ugly, unwanted and unpractical before, and now that it is stupidly stuck at the top of the home screen since A12, it’s ugly, unwanted and unusable…

2 Likes

Hi and welcome, that will not be possible as mandatory by Google. You can use another Launcher to ge rid.

1 Like

Argh. Ok, thanks. I guess it’s the same for clocks etc? If I add a widget for time so it’s bigger, then I have twice the date in two languages and twice the time displayed. But I lost the “time in other cities” display unless I have yet another widget. The UI is really, really crappy. Coming from a OnePlus Pro it’s quite a disappointment. :confused:

Anyway, thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Please see here as well because yes something is broken, not sure if what explain is normal or a bug. I disabled the Google App and curre tly neither have the search bar nor any other issues as the weather widged is diasabled as well. Only ugly I see is the too big clock on the lock screen

I did some tests by creating a test hidden SSID on my home router. In all cases, it worked without any issues. The tested scenarios were:

• router: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK + with AES cipher, phone: WPA2
  • router: WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE transitional, phone WPA2
  • router: WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE transitional, phone WPA3
  • router: OWE (open “WPA3”), phone “Enhanced Open”

Just be sure to check “hidden network->yes” in “Advanced settings” when adding the network on the phone. Without this switch, it will not find the network.

3 Likes

Just try the Lawnchair launcher, you have way more options with it, and if you are not happy then you can go back to the stock launcher in a few clicks. So nothing to loose…

Out of curiosity, is anyone in The Netherlands with KPN who received the update? I haven’t gotten it yet, but I am also not getting the latest security update that was released four days ago…

The combination makes me think something is going wrong with my phone.

1 Like

Access point not working at all (wifi, usb…). Just displays “error” and switch off.
Worked before Android 12.

There are still a couple of partners that are testing and verifying the full compatibility of the software with their networks.

We will release either the Android 12 upgrade or the security patch update as soon as possible for those partners’ customers.

6 Likes