Android 12 has come to the FP4

It is not possible to screenshot that screen. Click the rectangle (app-switcher) and than the icon above the running app. There you find the screenshot function.

3 Likes

Thank you indeed! I got it! :+1:

1 Like

I don’t see a screenshot feature there. All I see is app info and split screen

You should be able to screenshot that screen by pressing Vol. Down+Power :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I know, you found it now, but maybe someone else still needs a hint. :wink:

4 Likes

Does this fix the issue in the known bugs wiki from @UPPERCASE ? I’m not using the original OS, so I can’t verify it, just saw it by chance.

Weird that there’s no screenshot button at the bottom, I don’t get why it was removed, so much wasted space.
I thought that’s an AOSP feature as well, I still have it on Android 13, but apparently it isn’t?! :thinking:

Or they didn’t enable it for whatever reason, as seems to be the case for a lot of options …

2 Likes

Yeah that’s uh… Not there for me. What the hell…

1 Like

Mine is gone with the upgrade hope it stays like this😁

Does Brave have a privacy feature for not allowing screenshots maybe?

That was my first thought. But I can’t find it on any other app either.

Thats weird I just have it without changing any developer settings…

Wifi calling has to be explicitly approved both by FP and your provider. So far, I haven’t succeed in convincing these two to even start talking (that’s why I also can’t use volte). So officially, wifi calling should not work in my case. But it actually does! However, it has these impacts on GUI like hiding the wifi calling option from the settings.

I have downloaded and update a couple of days ago in the UK. The things I dont like are;

The screenshot button has gone, as already discussed. This is available tapping the app icon using the default launcher for me but not for the launcher I use (Discreet launcher).

When pushing the button to show recent apps, the background goes white or black (Depending on your theme), this again works normally for the default launcher.

When I put my pin in to unlock the phone the background again goes black or white (Theme dependent) rather than the background, happens on default launcher as well.

And finally the huge clock on the lock screen, no way to disable it apart from a work around of having an app give a permanent notification.

Apart from these things no real problems.

Not sure that I understand: what should happen instead?

What ,laucher do you use? I’m on the Nova launcher and like you I only have the App-Info and Splitscreen options. When switching to the Quickstep launcher, tje Screenshot option is there.
So I guess that Nova launcher is not (yet) 100% adapted for Android12

I also use the nova launcher. I have the screenshot and the fix button. It is no nova-problem.

3 Likes

This should be here, but it seems Fairphone did not include that part of Android 12 (Which came a little later in the Android 12 lifecycle) so we are stuck with the Android 11 based wallpaper picker.

Here’s hoping that Android 13 won’t take them as long as Android 12 took :wink:

2 Likes

And the Android 11 file picker instead of the new one. Strange that those thousands of Google tests don’t flag that :nerd_face: It’s best to report this to support. I personally have kind of given up that activity since it doesn’t seem to do much.

3 Likes

Nope, you can check in the thread for the specifics.