Android 11 lags and bugs on FP3

Since Android 11 on my brand new FP3+ → multicolor pixelised screen for few minutes, almost everything very slow, sometimes totally freezed. Reset didn’t change anything, support doesn’t answer my mail and calls…can anyone help me?

1 Like

OK Hi and welcome to the forum.

Three things you can check
a) Do you have an SD card and is it formatted as Internal?
b) How much memory do you have left?
c) You may like to dismantle and reassemble as it could be coincident with module contact problems.

What topics have you read on ‘pixelation’ ‘screen’ ‘freezing’ etc?

1 Like

smart idea: I had an SD card while upgrading, and removed it afterwards because I thought it was not useful to have such an old card in it…put it back in my phone and it seems to work…let you know if it lasts…anyway THANKS

1 Like

This probably means that the SD card is formatted as extension of the Internal Storage. With recent Android more than before already this is dangerous for your data and highly inadvisable, see sdcardguide.

1 Like

Unfortunately: “There are no more sdcardguide topics”, but I understand that could be dangerous…what do you think? What should I do?
Thanks!

Not sure what you mean

1 Like

what kind of risks are there? Security/data vulnerabilities? Or only bugs and lags? In the second case, I’ll take the risk 'cos I spent a lot of time reinstalling everything…and reformatting everything is kind of torture…

Are you referring to the formatting of the SD card, I thought the guide was pretty clear. If the SD card is formatted as internal and you can’t reboot you will loose your data. If there starts to be glitches you may have to reformat the SD and may loose data.

1 Like

OK thanks, sorry: first time I got that kind of on.

1 Like

No more than the one listed there :wink: .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.