Alarm with the phone off

Hi,
I would like to use the alarm with the phone (FP3) off, so I do not keep the phone on overnight.
Any suggestion? Please.
Thanks!

The short answer to my knowledge is: not possible (it worked with FP1 but not with any of the later models).

6 Likes

Maybe if you root the phone.

However I set the phone to aeroplane mode late at night and even for a long ‘night’ it only uses 2% of the battery and no problem with any alarm.

1 Like

Maybe? Please, how you root the pone? And then, how do you do for the alarm thing?

Gabriel.

PS: This email could be written with voice recognition software. So, sorry if there is any typographical error.

Thanks FYI,

It sounds weird that instead of progress from version 1 to 3, Fairphone do the contrary (in my modest opinion…

Gabriel.

PS: This email could be written with voice recognition software. So, sorry if there is any typographical error.

Hi I think you will find it is an Android change not a Fairphone one. Fairphone use the stock Android OS currently.

Rooting the phone:

EDIT: This is not advice to do so
Further I can find no app that does allow the alarm to work even when rooted. Sorry a bit of a wild goose chase.

First you will have to unlock the bootloader then root.

• It’s all a bit of a chore and unlocking the bootloader will wipe any personal data, so be sure to back up contacts and any images.
  • If you have an SD card be sure to format it as portable

I don’t see how rooting helps here and giving advice about some procedure that likely doesn’t help at all and has some dangers if never done before plus other sideeffects (like e.g. some banking apps no longer working) seems the wrong way to go IMHO.

7 Likes

It wasn’t meant as advice just information to consider. which I now consider will not help :blush:

I’ve amended the previous posts to note that and that I have not found an app that works when the phone is off, so apologies to @GAB et all.

Why is it necessary to switch the phone off at night?

I guessed so, no problem.

Why is necessary to keep the phone on at night? :wink:

Gabriel.

So the alarm works :slight_smile: hardly any battery loss, and no interruptions in aeroplane mode.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.