Adaptive brightness activates on it own after being manually deactivated

I have manually deactivated the Adjusted Brightness multiple times and it seems to randomly reactive for no obvious reason.

Same here. It makes me sad that I planned to use this for the next 8 years :sweat_smile: I noticed also that at low environmental light, the auto dimming goes up and down. It reacts to it’s own brightness.

Report this to support please.

I normally have adaptive brightness enabled, will try to keep disabled.

Is it possible its enabled after a reboot, or also without that?

Reg. adjustment when enabled please follow-up in this topic.

Ok I will.
No. I have not rebooted the phone.

Reg. adjustment when enabled please follow-up in this topic.

Could you elaborate? I am not sure I understand.

I would not say that this makes it impossible to continue using the phone. All the phones I have ever bought had issues, none were perfect or with no defects.
This is probably a minor software issue that will probably be easy to fix. It might be a bit annoying, but it is hardly a deal-breaker.

I ask you to stay on topic here and discuss the other issue in the corresponding topic.

I had disabled adaptive brightness and it did not got enabled by itself neither after a reboot.

Is it possible you enable it when pulling down the quick settings menu?

A post was split to a new topic: FP5 Screen Dimming (without adaptive brightness)

No.
I have submitted a ticket. I will provide an update when I hear back from them.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this discussion is about how the conversation over the phone comes across to the other person. But for the past month I have been having complaints as if I were in a cavernous room with an ultrasound. What can I change about this with the settings in the app?

I am not sure what you mean?
Firstly which app are you referring to? If you mean the:
Settings → Display → Adaptive Brightness → Use adaptive brightness
there is no solution. Either the app is bugged or the backend is bugged. Not sure which one. I am waiting to hear from support and the devs. I will post an update here when I do.

1 Like

Issues for me still there. Too dark and sometimes continuously adapting, like flickering, reacting to the light the screen is emitting.

After some back and forth with the service person, I was adviced to try to:

I have not had time to do either, but perhaps try it.
For now I just go and deactivate it whenever it resets.

I hope this helps.