Accidental taps while swiping

Hi, since using my brand new FP5 I often had my phone click a link whilst swiping/scrolling, even though I did NOT click anything.
Like, I will be scrolling through the search results and suddenly be taken to a website that I didn’t click on. It’s kinda annoying but not catastrophic.

Some more search terms:
Random clicks clicking touch touches whilst swipe scroll scrolling registers registering bug

2 Likes

I experience this too. What I narrowed it down to, is charging. It happens when I have the phone plugged in. It doesnt make it unusable, but you just apply random double taps while scrolling, or a singular touch insthead of begining to scroll.
I have no idea what to do about it. I just sort of accepted it.

2 Likes

It’s not while It’s charging. It just happened again a few times and it makes me want to buy a different phone. So annoying.

On my FP5 (i have it 8months) i never see this problem, i think is HW problem on yours…

BTW: don’t you have some lowcost glass protector on it?

1 Like

I recently put a different screenprotector on my FP5, but I’ve been having these issues with both of them. So the screenprotector is not the problem here.
I do mostly experience this issue when browsing with firefox.

I noticed a degraded response of the touch screen while charging, too. It was when drawing a pattern to unlock the phone, I had to make a second, more careful attempt. Not really a problem for me, I charge the phone mostly when I’m not using it. No problems outside of charging.

Not using a screen protector.

I suspect that there’s not much one can do (greasier finger …?) and any software patch might well throw something else out of kilter…

@Tobi_Kuik Your case sounds a bit different and might be a problem with your unit or screen. It might be worth taking it up with official FP support, though that might mean all the hassle of sending the phone back.

1 Like