A way to extend life of a usb charging port

What you guys think of this contraption, it should extend the life of the charging port, in case of fairphone a broken down port is not a problem since you can replace it, but I think this is cheaper than ordering a new module.

https://forum.fairphone.com/search?q=magnetic%20usb%20adapters :wink: .

2 Likes

I’m relying on the USB spec:

Standard USB has a minimum rated lifetime of 1,500 cycles of insertion and removal,[4] the mini-USB receptacle increases this to 5,000 cycles,[4] and the newer Micro-USB[4] and USB-C receptacles are both designed for a minimum rated lifetime of 10,000 cycles of insertion and removal.[5] To accomplish this, a locking device was added and the leaf-spring was moved from the jack to the plug, so that the most-stressed part is on the cable side of the connection. This change was made so that the connector on the less expensive cable would bear the most wear.[6][4]

I guess the USB spec would like to thank you from the bottom of its heart for your support.

Practice, that vile old bully, just keeps being very mean to it and denies to take it seriously :wink: .

1 Like

Well USB-C might well just be strong enough to outlast the device. But yes, it does become loose over time.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.