A 100.000 community ringtones; Share yours!

Hey all,

Our support team member and mad sound magician @Sietse made a crazy composition. Because last week we got over 100.000 likes on Facebook, we we’re fantasizing what 100.000 Fairphones would sound like. The same evening @Sietse sat down at his computer and created this:

I think this is a perfect start to ask the community to share their home-made tunes for their Fairphone.
(maybe we can even include them in a future update nudge-nudge, wink-wink!)

3 Likes

I hope there is a significant number of actually home-made ones. I for my part only use a classic TV show tune – John Barry’s “Theme from ‘The Persuaders’”, so I cannot participate here. :wink:

2 Likes

Me too, mine is from Doctor Who Intro and I’m not gonna change that, sorry :wink:
And for messages a Tardis sound :smiley:

But others are hopefully more creative :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I chose the beginning of Still Counting from Volbeat. It’an incentive to pick up quickly. And at each concert, when the play it, I automatically grab my phone.

1 Like

I can’t change it as well. For so many years now, I use Holiday in Cambodia from Dead Kennedys. The song has an increasing volume, a feature that I still haven’t found on Android, but I’m used to it from my old Nokias.

1 Like

While I made this tune above I actually have another ringtone for quite some years already. The first 14 seconds of a piece by the amazing Belgian guitar player Urpf Lanze on loop.

Though, for sure later on I will make some more ring tones, just because the fun of it.
Hope others can join in with their own creations as well though.

1 Like

I have been using for years the Mission: Impossible theme tune but recently I have been on the CTU ringtone from the Series “24”

1 Like

I’ve been using parts of “Smoke on the Water” and Liquido’s “Narcotic”. Not creative enough to build something in my own, though.

1 Like

I was very happy with Super Mario Bros 1 overworld theme as a ringtone.
But I just changed it to something far more horrible; my own attempt to simulate what 100.000 fairphones would sound:

5 Likes

Layla of Eric Clapton… best ringtone ever! (and copyrighted by me so don’t use it!!!) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

No musicians here who have created their own ringtone?

For the ringtone, I cut a part fit for looping out of Allister Brimble’s Project X Old Timer theme from his amazing remake album The AMIGA Works.

Sadly, the phone is fading out and in again instead of really looping the ringtone :frowning: .

1 Like

I have never used a ringtone on my Fairphone 2. It is always on vibration only or completely silent. I find the vibration loud enough. Also, I don’t receive a lot of calls.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.