5g Network not working with Telekom Germany after A.127 update

Same for me. If there IS not an quick fix i’m going to a full refund.

1 Like

BTW: as i write above lte b3 + 5g n1 works for me with T-Mobile Czech, so not FP5 problem with b3+n1 in general, but in combination with Deutche Telecom…

2 Likes

If you read my complete reply you will see that i write only in the Deutsche Telekom network. It’s nice for you in the Czech Republik, that it work but in Germany in the Deutsche Telekom Network it don’t work. The CA Combination B1/B3 even works only B3/n1 not why ever. It has to be fixed soon.
Edit: And no it’s not a provider problem the IPhone works with this combination at the same cell without any problem :wink:

Well it still is or can be a provider problem, as also the provider has to do the needful at their end to ensure a phone works properly with their network, so in such cases I would always contact both, FP as well provider to ensure its being worked on.

2 Likes

Why i should contact the provider when it is clear that a faulty update cause the problem. Before the update all works fine. After it this band combination don’t work anymore. The fault is clear at the Fairphone side. I hope on the next update if it don’t fixes this i will get a new Iphone. Before the Fairphone, the Gigaset GX6 modem was a big dissapointment. The main argument for me, for the Fairphone, was the changeable battery and the qualcomm chipset. With the IPhone, the CAT S60 and S61 before i have no problem with faulty modems.

2 Likes

Thats for sure a bit out of context still applies in general, network compatibility tests are not only with Fairphone, what you do with this is your decision, I only stated what I would do if I would be effected

@yvmuell I understand that you only try to help. But please understand that i’m very frustrated that it takes that long. It’s the second phone which give me a big dissapointment with the modem performance. At the Gigaset GX6 there are much problems with it before. Now i was very happy with the Fairphone until this update that is very dissapointing… :frowning: .

1 Like

How can you tell the specifics of the cell your in?

1 Like

Does Fairphone now officially know about the problem, or are they still sending their standard response to people who report the same problem?

I am so frustrated with this situation and angry that there is no response at all from Fairphone.

I was without a mobile phone network all week because they told me that my SIM card was the problem and I had a new one sent to me. As a result, my old SIM card was immediately deactivated and the new one was lost in the Christmas rush at DHL .

I blame Fairphone for everything and demand that it be fixed by the end of January 2024!

Otherwise I’ll go to Holland and then we’ll talk FAIR about customer loyalty.

Who’s joining?

Although I can understand, that you are kind of upset, that something is not working, your manners are disgusting. Calling for people joining you in a riot is not only inappropriate, but already criminal.

And going the easy way, just deactivating 5G for the moment is to much to ask you for?

5 Likes

I have never called for violence. That’s not my style either.
I only talked about visiting Fairphone in person if people don’t notice us here.

You can talk to them by mail or here, why not ? Going to Holland is a waste of time and… stupid.

1 Like

Hello there,
I am having a similar issue, with the workaround being to disable 5G networking.
The Issue with this is: The option to disable 5G is not available when the modem is not already connected to a wireless network. This means you have to go into the SIM Settings and wait for the brief period in between connection and being thrown off the network to very quickly tap the options and disable 5G.
Took me a few tries, and I imagine someone who isn’t that quick with using a smartphone will not be able to do this at all.

In my opinion this requires a hotfix to be rolled out rather quickly, since I was stranded in another city and trying to reach someone when this issue occurred was quite stressful.

@Matze1912 Ich schreibe das jetzt mal kurz auf Deutsch. Ich bin ebenfalls sehr frustriert, über den gesamten umgang von Fairphone mit dem Thema. Ebenfalls wie manche solch eklatante Mängel herunter spielen wollen, erschreckt mich doch sehr. Mir geht es hier nur darum, das Fairphone mitbekommt, dass ich über diese Situation alles andere als erfreut bin. Da manche Fairphone Mitarbeiter hier mitlesen, wird dieses Ziel wohl erfüllt. Es besteht keine Not nach Holland zu fahren. Ich gehe davon aus, dass sich dem Fehler bereits angenommen wird. Es dauert einfach zu lange und die Kommunikation ist leider mangelhaft.

For the others i try to translate my text for you: “I write this in German now. I’m very frustrated how Fairphone handle this issue. Even how some of you want to lower the priority of this issue is very frightening. At this point my only target is, that Fairphone recognices, that i’m not amused about this situation. Because some Fairphone employees read this forum, this target will be reached. There is no need to go to the Netherland, they work on this issue. But it takes to much time and the communication is very poor.”

@Dryhte Netmonster is a very powerfull tool. You can see the complete cell data you are in. It’s logged as well.

Edit: @theodord Try the hidden phone menu with callin “star#star#4636#star#star” there is an option to disable 5G i use the “LTE only” mode at the moment.

I wish you all a merry christmas.

4 Likes

Thanks for the hint! I’ve managed to use the regular menu for disabling 5G as of now, but it’s good to know how to do that.
If you ask me, this should be highlighted somewhere since the Issue seems to be known.

I would prefer a fast fix to be honest :slight_smile:

Freq is show in NetMonster

That’s as german as it gets. Atleast for me i bought the fairphone because its the right thing to do and i want to support what the company stands for. But you have to live with the consequences of buying a phone from a small company. I mean we have a work around, which is fine. The whole problem is really annoying, as other i pay 3€ each month to get 5G network access. my old pixel 5 ran better than the FP 5 but still i still choose to get the FP5. Of course we paid a lot of money for the phone but we should cut them some slack. Let’s enjoy the holiday’s and hope the Fairphone team will be hard at work to fix the problem next year and be open about the communication. Lets be nice to each other :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I really hope for the update this week. And deactivate 5G could be only a solution for a short time. Fairphone is lucky to be so small. What would you think how big the shitstorm will be, if the big players Samsung or Apple, release a update after that all German Telekom Users must deactivate 5G to use mobile data? Such things happen that is not the problem. The problem is the communication and the to long time to fix such a critical fault. For the communication it would be nice to get some information “we work on it” is not enough. If i become the information that the update at the end of the week fix the problem the frustration level would be much lower :wink: .

Same problem with a freenet SIM for Deutsche Telekom. The biggest problem is that the phone is not falling back to 4G or 3G if it can’t establish a stable connection to 5G, instead it’s disconnecting completely. For me this is a second big firmware bug. And it’s draining the battery extremely fast while trying to reconnect to 5G.
I don’t get the impression that Fairphone is taking the problem particularly seriously. If the fix is really that complicated, they could have at least offered those affected a roll back over the holidays.

1 Like