128GB version of FairPhone3?

They might not use the mobile as I do. Books and stuff for Mobile apps takes up a lot of space and so do video. Maybe rooting the mobile might take some of the google insanity away but I would not be surprise that if that is not the case to the fullest extend.

Yes, I do!
First point:
You explained your need for internal space not before posting #19, while you cited my posting #10

Second point:
I exactly replied to what you said and what I cited in the posting, since you did not specify, that it is only the internal space you are running short of.
Try reading your post and the replies again. I was not the only one interpreting your statement

with 64 GB internal and 400 External and I’ve been running short for a long while

in a way, that all the 464 GB are filling up and not just the 64 GB internal storage.

Sorry for that misunderstanding, but that is not (totally) on me.
Please be more precise next time, before saying someone does not comprehend.

Edit:
I really would love it, if you could keep the religious stuff out of this topic.
If you want to discuss the bible or other books etc. please open a new topic for that in the Discuss category.
And, yes, I am aware, that other users might have started the discussion or joined in. So it is just to keep that discussion leading furhter astray from the topic.

2 Likes

My bad if it sounded like I was thinking of the issue of filling both although the 400 GB is pretty full as well - but I know i can just upgrade the external for issues of filling that up.
It was to point out that I already had a pretty big external source and that it is no solution for problem with the internal. Even if I get a 1 or 2 terabyte micro SD the issue of the internal won’t go away. With more internal the less time on moving things to the micro SD as it can be done less often to get space on the internal.

Dearly Regards

• DarkiJah
    I’m writing this on my mobile so sorry for any mistakes or other posts for that matter.

Yes, but that stuff is clearly meant to be stored an an external SD-card and does not require more internal space. And that is, why I stick to my statement, that an added 64 GB internal space would fill up pretty fast. A much larger SDXC-card or an external memory would be much more sensible for that kind of storage use.

1 Like

Nope… Won’t work with more external space I know this by experiance of years of use.

Maybe root can make it easier for going around the issues - some applications uses tricks for saving on the micro SD and then needs to put it in specific folder on the card.
Some applications like my Bible Apps I like to have on my mobiles internal space for use at any instant even when I take out my Micro SD for file transfer.

I moved some posts to their own topic …

Religious discussion … please feel free to give this topic a proper title :wink:

Please keep this topic here on-topic.

2 Likes

Seriously?
Books and videos do work from internal space only?
I just wonder, how I manage with my FP1, FP2 and the BQ tablet I call my own.
All those media files are stored on a SD-card and I am accessing them without any trouble.

Well, in the end it clearly is irrelevant, as you said. Everyone has an individual profile of useage and one’s experience does not need to be relevant for someone else.
Plus: I guess it is established by now, that the FP3 comes with 64 GB and that this will not change someday soon.

Edit:

Thx!
You beat me to it. :wink:

Edit 2:
@JesusIsGodAlmighty
Your added explanation came after my posting, so I cited the point I was referring to.

Tell that to Google who closes one feature down after another and makes it difficult for the user to do what he wants with his phone.

1 Like

You are right on that.
While there is in most cases at least a workaround to keep using the SD-card/external storage, this is not neccessarily an easy thing to do.
E.g. this topic:

It’s not as if you can’t do what you want with a Fairphone.
Here’s a topic on how to deactivate a lot of Google stuff as long as really convenient Google-free Custom ROMs to install are still in the works …

If you’re in for some tinkering and perhaps inconvenience, there are Custom ROMs already …

2 Likes

Out of pure curiousity (given the absence of any experience of my own when it comes to this): Do streaming services tend to make it hard to use the external storage?

From my experience with Spotify and Tidal it’s pretty easy to set both apps up so that downloaded content is saved to the external storage.

1 Like

Just checked my settings and Spotify already uses the external storage, I think automatically!

1 Like

WTF are you doing to use so much?

Sounds like you’re trying to use a phone when a top end ;laptop is really what you need.

1 Like

It rather seems to be a special use case. :wink:

And I guess, one can’t argue that.
So it has to be a phone with more internal space.
There will always be some people with special needs, that can not be met by just one model; especially at a reasonable price.

2 Likes

Well, I think it’s still not clear if the Bible apps really are unable to use the external SD card for storing their large data.
And I don’t know why the SD card has to be taken out to transfer data.

As I understand it, the apps can use external cards, it just doesn’t suit the needs in this case.

Possibly, if you want to transfer the data in the way, that you exchange them with others or because a card inserted into the computer is - on the go - easier to handle, than a phone connected by wire or …

1 Like

My phone is my Laptop in essence - at least more powerful then my old laptop which has many broken parts.

Why I take out my SD card to move data? Because Android is stupid and slow and makes a lot of issues while doing it. So it’s easier to take it out and plug it in a USB key to transfer stuff.

Anyway, I wanna thank you all for participating - I think I got my Answer, and my raised finger most likely has also been seen. That’s all :slight_smile:
Beside that keep it up with the Mobiles, it is nice to see someone at least keeping some sanity in the marked.
And remember, all of you, there are a lot of liars and deceivers out there on the marked! Wolves in Sheep clothing - take care.

Dearly Regards
DarkiJah

1 Like