You made it: Getting a trendsetter

Hi

I got very excited last week, when I found that picture in an advertisement from Reichelt Electronics (not for the phone though):

Cheers
J.

4 Likes

Awesome. Well spotted :smiley:

Does it say “phone not included”? Otherwise, try to get one and sue them. :wink:

1 Like

In a blog article of a mobile provider about water protection of smartphones, they use two FP2s in a water-filled bag to illustrate the article.

3 Likes

It seems to me like they actually use two pictures of Fairphones from the website. Those reflections seem very familiar…

1 Like

They only used one picture with already two FP2s on it. It is for example shown in the shop.

1 Like

@Douwe or @anon90052001: Were you guys aware of this (second) advertisement? On the one hand, it’s great that Fairphones are showing up in ads, and on the other hand, it seems like you guys should be credited/be asked permission for use of your photos…A search for the word “Fairphone” or “FP2” didn’t yield any results on the page.

3 Likes

They have to apply the copyright information from Flickr. I think all images are Cc-BY-SA 2.0, if I recall correctly.

PS: just seen this Siemens advertisement in the Vienna Metro: :wink:

2 Likes

Is this image on Flickr? I had a quick look there but did not found it there.

I don’t know, I just assumed it… :grin:

Even if it was from flickr: The “BY” in “CC-BY-…” means they have to give credit to the copyright holder of the image, which doesn’t seem like they did. (Not that I care)

1 Like

It could be worse…

1 Like

And even better: The reply of a Munich police parody account:

https://twitter.com/Sepp_Aratist/status/732166239083237378

Translation: Why was a Fairphone chosen for such bad news, instead of an iPhone, as usual? :joy:

2 Likes