Will they sell 15000? [They did]

Holy cow! When did that happen? Anyone with precise statistics?

2 Likes

Woah, we could actually do this!

1 Like

It was 12,300 something about an hour ago, so either:

• Somebody has just made a huge order, perhaps a mobile operator; or
  • Some orders hadn’t been counted, perhaps orders made directly through FP rather than the shop; or
  • Payment for a certain gateway has only now been released

Probably the first option.

1 Like

I think the guys from FP HQ need to update the Facebook cover photo

3 Likes

Is it just me or was this like: “oh, well, now it’s easy peasy, of course they’ll reach 15 000!” like it’s the most obvious thing in the world?

1 Like

Resellers bought the phone ! :blush:
“Vireo in Germany, Sinndrin in Switzerland and ETC in Sweden”.

3 Likes

Always said we needed some bigger dealers to pile in.

But if that sudden burst of 1500 orders is a one off … still need to sell 216 a day for the next 7 days - and over the last two weeks the daily average has been around 120 a day.

If I were a booky I wouldn’t be paying out quite yet … but it IS looking hopeful.

5 Likes

The next week will be interesting, as most people are paid in the final week of the month (my pay day is tomorrow - woo). If people have been holding off to order, this is when they’ll do it.

I am so pleased to see the number so enorm go up. Not just for me, as well as for Fairphone and the people behind it. At moment I am on holiday and i am so additted to follow the numbers…

4 Likes

Did you take a holiday just for following the counter? :wink:

5 Likes

Yes exactly. I am in national naturepark Weerribben-Wieden. It’s so beautiful here. There’s no signal to use the handy. No decent radio- and televisionsignal. Only the wifi in the hotel is good.

2 Likes

Whut? It happened again! The counter just jumped up to 14.577 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

AHAH ! Youhouuu, they did it we did it ! :smiley:
CONGRATULATIONS FAIRPHONE TEAM ! you’re the best.
Few hundreds, they’ll make it in the next days !

Actually, to those who were waiting : you better hurry :blush: now these last few ones will fly off ! :smile:

4 Likes

Bangerang! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

@Fred I don’t believe they will stop at 15’000 but continue selling until October comes :smiley:

4 Likes

Great news. After buying and then selling a FP1U last year (which I now regret) I pre-ordered today and got order number 13953.

1 Like

I have a feeling today will be the day! Only 284 phones to go!

1 Like

And another FP2 sold 8-).
280 to go.

tick tick tick :watch:

edit: I have a question regarding this page: https://www.fairphone.com/we-are-fairphone/ - are new Facebook / Twitter / Instagram-posts with hashtag #wearefairphone added automatically or is it done by hand? Am surprised that no one is doing the countdown there.

1 Like

275 to go. I just tweeted about it:

https://twitter.com/StefaBrand/status/647704892451225600

Edit: WOW, Discourse handles Tweets automatically now!!! :smiley:
PS: It does not display on the social media wall yet, so at least it takes some time, if it is not moderated by FP staff. I highly think though, that they select, what is displayed and what not.

1 Like

Maybe we have to wait a few more days until payments arrive :wink:

I am quite shocked! :wink:

First they take the star logo, then they censor the social media wall.
Whatever will happen next? :flushed:

(btw, now 267 fp2 to go…)