Will LineageOS be officially supported?

It seems the app is just a practical way to see changelogs and download the zips to later flash them through TWRP. But: only if you are on Lineage already.

(just read @chrisse’s reponse, (s)he is totally right)

Plus most devices only have nightly’s, no stable’s. Just wanted to point that out because I’ve seen a few people were talking about ‘changing to stable’.

2 Likes

That’s the one. I thought that it was more practical.

Can the Fairphone Updater install LineageOS zips? (E.g. when you click on them in Amaze.)

[quote=“snevas, post:41, topic:28945”]
It seems the app is just a practical way to see changelogs and download the zips to later flash them through TWRP. But: only if you are on Lineage already.
[/quote]Yes, and swapping back to older versions. Once you’re on LineageOS, updating is fairly easy either way. TWRP just does the work for you.

The difficult part about LOS is the installation. Its good enough for us, but a tad too difficult for the average user. That’s a LOS-wide issue though; not specific to the FP2 port. The FP2 port is already easier than devices which need to have bootloader unlocked.

Maybe someone from this community could discuss with people from LOS community if its possible to improve the installation? I mean, a GUI could just download and verify the zips. A GUI can execute the commands to install TWRP. A GUI can have a flag for the pico or micro GApps. Has the LOS team considered a GUI?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.