Wifi not working

Hi !

The wifi doesn’t work on my FP2. It has worked during 1 month but now it disconnects after 2 seconds. I tried everything I read on internet, I even made a reset of the phone but it still doesn’t work. That is very annoying because I used all my 4g data because of that, and I really really need internet on my phone for my work. I’ll probably have to take an other phone with wifi working if I can’t solve the problem tomorrow…

Does anyone have an idea of what I could do?

I also have a problem since the beginning, the volume down button doesn’t work… I wrote to the support 1 month ago but I still have no news …

Thank you,

Alice

As this sounds really urgent I recommend that you call support via phone. It’s often mentioned in this forum that this helped in urgent cases.

Well, there’s a known bug, I don’t know if it has been fixed with the last update. So disable mobile internet BEFORE connecting to the WiFi. Does this work? It’s a bit uncomfortable, but for me this workaround solved the problem and I got used to it…

Hi thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it doesn’t work, when I am lucky I have like 5 seconds of wifi. I’ll try to reach the support on the phone but I’m not very optimistic they haven’t answer me in 5 weeks.

Thank you Volker I’ll try this morning

I have never mentioned it before but the wifi reception on my FP2 has never been good. It drops out and loses connection quite a lot at home, does not pick it up at all at work. Sometimes it is so bad I have to use 4G. Nothing to do with my home wifi as it is fine with the rest of my devices…

I also have to use the 4g … but I used all my datas in 14 days…

I had a disconnection problem when I visited my brother. He has a 2,4 GHz and a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network and I only knew the password of the 2,4 GHz, but my FP2 would prefer the other one (or the router insisted on it…). So I set it to 2,4 GHz only in Settings --> Wi-Fi–>[menue]–> Advanced–> Wi-Fi frequency band.
Maybe it could help you to play around with these settings.

I read that last week on forums, I tried to set the frequency on 2,4, I tried on 5 but it still doesn’t work… I tried everything I read on the internet, I tried to change the slot of the card, I tried to check in my internent box… I tried to call the support but they are unreachable.

Hi,
have you tried to use your phone without any SIM card to access WiFi?

Hi Werner. Not yet, I’ll try now and let you know.

still doesn’t work…

Does this problem occur with any Wifi or only with a single one?

that occurs with all the wifi.

In that case I would recommend to contact again the Fairphone Support team.

Maybe it could help to check the WiFi Module pin connection. But you have to disassemble and reassemble your phone:

Now that I removed my SIM card and put it back it seems it doesn’t recognize it anymore :sob:

what am I supposed to do? How could I check it?

Hi Alice,
sorry that you are having such troubles with your phone.

I hope some of these advices help:

• Did you try both SIM card slots?
  • try to clean softly the contacts of your SIM card
  • try it in another phone (if available)
  • reboot your phone

In the forum I’ve read about old SIM cards which can cause problems. What provider do you have and how old is this SIM card?

Thank you werner

My sim card work in the other slot now. But wifi still doesn’t work.

As far as I know the SIM slots and Wifi parts are placed on on module:

(step 13)
so maybe this part of your phone has a hardware issue.