Wi-Fi Calling on FP4?

How does Android/the phone know if WiFi calling is supported or not? If it’s from the SIM card, then there might be some kind of incompatibility… SIMs have changed during the last years and some features may not be supported with older SIMs or in combination with the FP4. I use the eSIM and WiFi calling worked out of the box (with German o2/Drillisch).

In settings app it looks like in post #15. No option to choose WLAN or mobile network.
As said before, the same SIM works in another phone (VoLTE and WiFi Calling). So there’s probably an issue with FP’s ROM and T-Mobile network. Manufacturers have to integrate the correct settings into phone’s firmware to make it work. So this is Fairphone’s job…

Then you would have to contactsupport to make them aware. But at the end WiFi calling works see here

you can just not choose a preference how to use it, at least it works for the other user who is missing the preferences

OK, now I got the point. Wi-Fi calling is working when I enable flight mode and Wi-Fi. Strange…

1 Like

It also works when there is bad mobile coverage, just tested it last week. Only the settings are missing.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.