Which pesky apps to uninstall? I can't receive or make calls - sometimes. aaaarrrgghh!

So I have that problem that my phone often can’t call out (times out of the attempt after a few seconds, no dial tone), and sometimes randomly won’t accept calls. Its been doing it for ages, I thought it was a poor network issue, but now know it isn’t. I can see it is a common problem - e.g. Problems receiving and making calls - #19 by Alex.A I’ve cleaned the contacts, switched sim card to the other slot, no luck. When I start in safe mode, its fine, so it probably an app? How on earth do I figure out which app is causing the problems? I’m hopeless with this stuff, I spent all day trying to fix it with no success, and now want to throw my phone out the window.

You can start by going to Settings > Apps > :gear: > App permissions > Telephone

and see what apps have telephone access enabled. You can then disable telephone access for those apps straight away with the checkboxes, see if it makes a difference. If it does, you can re-enable them one by one to find the guilty app.

If that doesn’t work, I guess the next best thing to do is uninstall an app, see if the problem persists, and then reinstall and move on to the next app until you run into the bad app. Easier said than done, of course, if you’ve got a lot of apps installed.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. This worked! Looks like googleplay was the culprit …

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.