Which parts of your Fairphone 2 had to be replaced?

If the main use is charging, and not too many other connections have to be made, there are magnetic adapters which work quite well and hopefully prolong the life of the part …

1 Like

I’m in the process of replacing my screen. Entirely my own fault - I forgot the phone was in my back pocket and bent down while cleaning the bathroom. You can guess where the phone finished up!
One of the lovely Angels came over to my area and investigated it for me - as a new user I was scared of taking the modules to pieces for the first time. He diagnosed that it was working OK, except for the screen. The display kept jumping around and it was no longer touch-sensitive.
My only real problem is the Fairphone website - I go round and round in circles before I find the page I need. Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just getting old and silly?

It’s not just you, there have been posts about that before.
And it doesn’t help that their server seems to have developed glitches here and there lately as well.

Anyway … as the English display page doesn’t work for me right now because of such a glitch, have the German one instead … just see whether you can put the display in your cart and set your preferred language in the page menu afterwards to continue …

https://shop.fairphone.com/de/ersatzteile/fairphone-2-display-modul

1 Like

Thank you, AnotherElk – I did find and order the screen eventually. The glitch appeared to be because I hadn’t remembered to sign in before searching. It then showed me the picture of a screen, but wouldn’t go to the details page so I could order it. Once signed in, it worked.

It would help if they could put a notice up to remind people like me to sign in before trying to do things!

It’s lovely to find other people have the same problems. Once you know you’re not alone, you feel safer trying new stuff!

Carol

Carol Thornton

I have sent an email to the support a few days ago for the battery page not being shown to anyone not being logged in. The respond was “I” should clear my browser cache although a few other users here could confirm this problem as well.
Also I was told the service was to be checking on this on their server side.
Shortly after this the battery page was reachable again. But as it looks the issue is not yet entirely fixed.
Usually login in is no need to see those spare parts, but momentarily it is the working way.

Thanks Patrick1.
I think I’m getting the hang of it – basically there’s no hurry, everybody’s laid back and it’ll all work out in the end! :wink:

Carol Thornton

The ONLY replaceable module in my un-fairphone (a Moto G I use when the FP2 is waiting parts) is the USB socket; the rest of it is a virtually unmaintainable block (tho a water resistant block, which is nice).

It would have been good if the FP2 bottom module had the USB socket on a small PCB that could be swapped out without the need for a new microphone, speaker and vibration motor.

… and yes, some of us are clumsy.

But now, my microphone has become intermittently noisy so having replaced the bottom module once for the usb socket, now I’m going to replace it again for the microphone … and this time I will keep the old module for spares.

Anyway … I started this topic ages ago to see if people were finding the modularity itself a reliability problem. Seems not; the modules sometimes fail, but generally not their connections to the main board.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.