Which cover do you think will sell the most?

What do you think? Itā€™d be great if the Fairphone team could let us know the answer when shipping beginsā€¦

• Black Matte
  • Blue Matte
  • Black Translucent
  • Blue Translucent
  • Transparent

0 voters

I voted for black Matte because I think most people donā€™t want their phone to stand out. It would be great though, if everyone got a transparent cover! :smiley:

I agree with the current result only when it comes to ranks #4 and #5. I believe both translucent cases will sell the least now that there is a truly transparent alternative to those which makes #4 and #5 look a bit ā€˜neither fish nor fleshā€™. Transparent will sell well among hardcore Fairphoners only :wink: and I agree with @Stefan that black matte will sell best. So I expect this rank order:

1. black matte
  2. blue matte
  3. transparent
  4. black translucent
  5. blue translucent

2 and 3 might switch places, and so might 4 and 5.

1 Like

Hi everyone, are there actual photos of the transparent cover somewhere? I can only find what seems to me like a virtual design model.
I am quite tempted to go for the truly transparent one :slight_smile:

You might find some in this list of previews: :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, there are photos: Back cover colors for FP2 owners now available

1 Like

http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/363/778/4/S3637784/slug/l/p9251746-1.jpg

2 Likes

If you havenā€™t voted yet, feel free to add your guess. Remember, the poll is not about your personal order of preference, but what you estimate will sell the most among all buyers. : -)

2 Likes

1. Tranparent - it was trendy, then tacky, but now I feel like it looks cool again, the trend may get back
2. Black Translucent - good compromise between classic and transparent
3. Blue Matte - for the FairPhone real lovers, get the color of the company
4. Black - classic, but boring I think
5. Blue Translucent - I like it, but I canā€™t manage to put it anywhere :frowning: the translucent thing really remove the ā€œFairPhone loversā€ effect

I hope they will sell the covers separately, I want them all! (actually, I donā€™t. Iā€™m confident about being able to resist this primary urge, for responsible reasons)

1 Like

I believe all the translucent and transparent colours will sell best because no other manufacturer on earth (as far as I know) do that. Also matt looks very dull in a world of shiny devicesā€¦
I ordered translucent blue but if I had the option to buy a second one Iā€™d go for the transparent as well.
I am also hoping that someone will 3-D print them in more colours: I do fancy a bright orange!

1 Like

Black Translucent !! I love this look :heart_eyes: canĀ“t wait to hold it in my handsā€¦

I think that the transparent back cover stand to FP2 like the blue cover stand to FP1, itā€™s a symbolic color (or, in this case, ā€œnon colorā€)ā€¦ And I definitely LOVE it! In the second place I put the translucent blue (but without the white bezels loses some charm) and the translucent black. finally the blue matte.

2 Likes

My answer has already been detailed by others here, but I would like to add why I personally chose the transparent one :

• to be able to show, describe and discuss about the modules with friends, without opening the phone all the time ! (avoiding early undermining of the plastic grips)
2 Likes