Which Computer Operating System do you recommend?

I would also strongly recommend to run a live cd to get a feeling about the different user interfaces. And more important of course: is everthing working as expected (wlan, printer etc …).
I also guess Linux Mint is a good decision to start with.

1 Like

Hi Paula,
maybe a product from Tuxedo Computers would be fine for you. They are preinstalled running on a Linux OS (you can choose your favoured distribution before purchasing).
However, I have no experience with them. (And honestly, I am not a friend of Linux-systems.)

It’s been a while, but I wanted to report back on what I decided thanks to all your great tips.
So I went with this Why!OpenComputing Laptop which comes with Ubuntu preinstalled - my brother just brought it to me from Switzerland a few days ago.
I really love it and from what I can tell - without knowing any other Linux distros - Ubuntu really seems like the perfect place to start for Linux noobies.
I never liked to (and almost never did) work with the Terminal on my Mac, but now it is really fun learning all the commands.
I think I’ll probably stay with Ubuntu for quite a while until I’m really used to it and then to decide to go for a FLOSSier (maybe less comfortable) distro I will probably need an extra incentive (like Ubuntu including another peace of spyware again or something like that).

Anyways for me this topic is done for now, but if you’ll want to keep discussing which OS is best, feel free. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.