When will the pre-order of the FP4 ship?

The Fairphone 4 has been released, but when you you think will the #FP4 ship when you order it from their website?

My current FP3 accidentality broke and is not easily repairable, so I don’t even need to have a bad conscience about buying a new phone – though I obviously did not plan that it breaks and deeply regret that.
And the new one is somewhat water-proof, which was the reason why the old one broke, so I’m obviously quite amazed about. I’ll likely stay cautious anyway after that experience, but well…

The thing is just that this also means I would like to get it as soon as possible, and it is only available for “pre-order”. So when will this shipped (to Germany, in case that matters)? What do you think?

Fairphone site says 25th october

3 Likes

Oh, thanks, I looked on the whole website and could not find it? Where exactly is that stated?

1 Like

Ah indeed, it says there:

Pre-order: Shipping starts 25th October

Pre-orders will be shipped on a first-come, first-served basis. Bank transfers can take up to 5 days to be processed, adding additional shipping time. Once shipped, we will send you a shipping confirmation email within 24 hours, including a link to Track & Trace your delivery

Well… do you have any experience what is a realistic time to have the device in hands then? :thinking:

depends on how many order before you, first come first serve…

How can anyone know that? :slight_smile:
You could ask Fairphone ~ they can say ~ put an order in to get to the front of the queue. I doubt they will tell you how many are before you and how big and when the first batch will arrive.

As @yvmuell said :frowning:

Sure, it’s all only guesses…, but maybe one knows how long it took for the FP3(+) or so.

Different fish, that was before covid interference.

I ordered as soon as the FP4 page was available. This was just before they announced it during the live event. Even then it said my phone will be delivered around 14 November. So by now that may be further ahead.

4 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Is the FP3 IP54 certified or is it a new feature of FP4?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.