What's wrong with my fairphone 2?

In a nutshell:

• the screen doesn’t show up like every third time I want to access my phone. big big problem, beacuse it happens mostly when I call somebody. when he/she doesn’t pick up the phone and I want to end the call, I don’t have any chance to do so. voicemail comes up and I need to remove the battery if I want the voicemail to stop. and yes I tried everything from pressing all the buttons, one by one, together, hold them, put my earphones in and out (some phones have a reaction to this). Well, nothing works at all except removing the battery. bravo!

• one time I listened to some music via earphones. a friend of mine calls in that moment. I think, well of course I can pick up his call with earphones plugged in. in fact worst decision ever! he said hello with a felt decibel of 120. I was putting down the volume to a minimum. still extremley loud. whats wrong there? no chance to get this to a reasonable volume.

• many apps don’t work in comparison to other smartphones I used

• OS updates. I figured out how to get the 1.3.6 running but to be honest isn’t that the job of others? I paid for this phone because I thought amongst other things basic thing will work for sure…never been so wrong…

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fairphone-2-misbehaving-apps-see-first-post-for-workaround/11721[quote=“thejako, post:1, topic:18281”]

one time I listened to some music via earphones. a friend of mine calls in that moment. I think, well of course I can pick up his call with earphones plugged in. in fact worst decision ever! he said hello with a felt decibel of 120. I was putting down the volume to a minimum. still extremley loud. whats wrong there? no chance to get this to a reasonable volume.
[/quote]

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/minimum-volume-too-loud-when-using-headset/12913[quote=“thejako, post:1, topic:18281”]

OS updates. I figured out how to get the 1.3.6 running but to be honest isn’t that the job of others? I paid for this phone because I thought amongst other things basic thing will work for sure…never been so wrong…
[/quote]

I don’t understand that point. But please use the update, it may solve some of your problems.

Btw: In the top right corner there is a search function. Many problems have already been discussed, and for some there is a workaround or fix available.

5 Likes

hey thx for the reply dude. I meant I installed the latest update manually. after searching how to do it here in this forum. but frankly speaking in my opinion: that’s not my job. updates should work automatically. you know. all those errors sum up in the end to the point where I’m seriously thinking to return this piece of technology even though I was pretty enthusiastic about it in the beginning.

You don’t have to make a manual installation. The easiest is to let the Updater app do the work. See here for how to do that:

and

1 Like

Pressing the power button for 15 seconds will reboot the phone too. Ne need to remove the battery.

I know that I normally don’t have to make a manual installation. but it was the only thing that worked for updating. jeez. the screen has still issues, especially when the phone is charging. why, for gods sake?

Try a different charger and / or cable.
Try to ground yourself before using the phone with the charger plugged in.
Somewhere in this forum it has already been discussed.

doesn’t work! except when plugged in on the pc usb port. so it’s definitely not the cables