What is this white plastic part?

Hello,

I remove the battery today and i found this parts on the floor.
I don’t know what is this

Can you help me please ?

Regards

4 Likes

Oh, that is very interesting, because I don’t have that piece of plastic. :worried:
Can’t remember it ever having been there…

Thank you for your help !

Me neither! Does anyone know its use?

Telling by the photo and what’s underneath it, it just seems like a cover to me, since it’s got no conducting (metal) parts or so.

Some clues :

It’s made of very soft plastic
It’s covering a cable from the main module which goes to the “vibrator/USB/microphone” module.
If you look at the main module, this cable has, under this mistery part, metal rings and what looks like a very small PCB.

What could it be ?
Heat insulator ?
Simply mechanical support for the cable ?

On the screen side, the PCB reads :

T&S MX5 SH 007-6 PC1000266_3.1
94V-0

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Don’t really know where else to ask this: having had to take apart my FP2 to check the screen, a small piece of white rubber, about 2.5cm long fell out (there should be a pic attached to this post. And I can’t for the life of me work out where it fits. Phone seems to work fine when put back together, can’t find any schematics that show it…Anyone have any ideas? Thank you!

I moved your post here.

You can see above where it “belongs”, but afaik it’s not important.

1 Like

Thanks Paul - very grateful for your reply.

So glad I’m not the only one. I can see now where it goes, but not which way up. Interestingly, helpful people who have dismantled fp2s and posted pictures on the web mostly seem to have lost theirs as well.

This piece tends to fall when you open the back cover, have to be careful to not lose it.

Mine did not fall off yet.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’ve now added two more words to the topic title to make it easier to find.

1 Like

It can also be referred to by #mysterypart.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.