What headphones do you use with your Fairphone 1(U)? (Discussion on Compatibility Issues)

I’m using Bose Quiet Comfort (noise-blocking) headphones in the office. Sadly, these produce a background noise (‘rattling’) when used with the Fairphone. I’ve sent my Bose headphones for repair, but the (new!) replacement pair has the same rattling sound. One of my friends also uses the combination Fairphone/Bose noiseblocking headphones and she has the same problem. Can I solve this? It is really important to me to be able to concentrate well by listening to music on the FP using the Bose headphones.
The Bose ‘work great with an IPhone’, they said in the shop…but I want to use the FP!

I also have Bose QC. Mine came with two different cables, one with a remote and one without. The remote doesn’t work with my FP1 and that caused the static noice you describe, however with FP2 both cables work without noise.
So maybe try the other cable if you have one.

1 Like

May I ask, are these the ones made for Apple or for Samsung? Also, is it a FP1 that you have?

Yes, I’ve noticed this rattling too with my Bose QC. Try not shoving the plug all the way in. Or shove it in and then pull it out a few millimeters. I’ve found this helps! Good luck.

I just bought a pair of no-name BlueTooth in-ear phones (for €13, shop is ‘Action’ in the Netherlands and in France), and they work perfect. Paring goes quick.
Music playback: volume up/down, track previous/next, pause/play
Phone: accept/end call, volume up/down
Battery time: around 4 hours, charged via mini-USB

1 Like