What do you think of the categories on this forum?

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the new forum :slight_smile:

As we get our feet wet, Iā€™ll be posting some questions and discussions here in the Meta category about the forum itself so we can keep improving it. For now - what do you all think of the categories? Are they clear enough in name and description? Do we need moreā€¦ or less?

Our strategy was to keep them small and a little broad for now (eg, Fairphone Cafe) and we can always add more later. I guess weā€™ll just have to see what are the most asked topics.

I think the categories are fine.

I imagined a category for Tipps&Tricks would be great,
but the i figured i could formulate my Tipps as question in the Help section :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Joe,

I think the current categories are good for the beginning.

Too much categories are normally confusing the user instead of helping. And scaling up later should be no problem at all.

Greetings

Tom

Iā€™m missing some sort of an off-topic categoryā€¦

Hi @madde

the Fairphone CafƩ is what you are looking for. :smile:

Greetings

Tom

1 Like

Hi @stojmas and thanks for your reply! I understood the Fairphone CafĆ© area to be some sort of overall discussions around the fairphone project. Imho there could be some sort of non-facebook related topics like general news, political discussions,ā€¦

Well, the description of the CafƩ is:

Sit back and relax at our cafƩ. Talk about everyday topics, about being a
Fairphone user, post memes and other uncategorized stuff.

If you leave the Fairphone user stuff aside you have the perfect fit for an off-topic category. :smile:

Greetings

Tom

Iā€™ll give it a try sometimesā€¦
Any chance on selecting multiple (or at least two) categories when creating a new thread? Seems to me, that it could be a good idea to ā€œtagā€ threads with a language category if they arenā€™t english. So people from spain, germany, french,ā€¦ who prefer to post in their own language could use these tags to post in a specific language, while I should be able to easily filter them out with my settings (I suppose).

Cheers!

I think we need a ā€˜wish-listā€™ category.
Ideas for future hard- and software should get a good visible place.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, @Rob_van_der_Does.

I think the issue here is that we want to present a structured way that you all can give feedback. If itā€™s a collection of your issues and requests, and the Fairphone team doesnā€™t have the capacity to collect all this then weā€™d all be disappointed with the results.

With this in mind, members of the product and communications team are working on more open design methods to get feedback from the community. It will take us some time to get these rolling, but once we have updates weā€™ll share them with you. Thanks again for the feedback!

1 Like

The topics are good. There could though be a good thing to make sub topics like the ā€œBug Reportsā€ under ā€œFairphone Helpā€. I can think of sub topics regarding the features the phone has like GPS, WIFI, CAMERA, OS, BATTERY and so on. The goal is to narrow down to topics of intrest.