What are the Fairphone 2 after-sales statistics?

Secret or not, is it relevant? Even Fairphone has to make some form of profit to pay their workers and fund their own research and development. So they would probably do anything to make their product as good as possible. They do have to comply to the market as well as all the other brands. There is not such a thing as a different economy for fair trade products. Comparing it to brands as Samsung, Iphone or other billion dollar enterprises doesn’t work. Those have no ethics and can rely on partsuppliers in countries with low wages and source costs. And off course, they sell in such huge numbers and with such high profits, that they can easily repair or exchange faulty products without really noticing it in the balance. They just calculate a fair percentage of malware in their bookkeeping. So to me this whole issue isn’t really relevant…

3 Likes

Hallo “grant master of bad communication” @Remi_D

at first:
CAPITAL LETTERS ARE USED TO SHOUT IN A FORUM!
If you want to highlight something just use the forum implemented tools, that, I am sure, are also available from France.

As you likely are an atheist, like me, it is not needed to make fun of poeple who believe in any kind of religion. THIS IS NOT WELCOME IN THIS COMMUNITY!
That does also count for your passive aggressive behavior against community members.

You are welcome to continue the discussion in a friendly manner.

3 Likes

Ok, ok, ok… I already said about my “very great faulty” use of capitals. Is it so important to repeat it? And have we to always stay serious and never joke, never laugh? Don’t you think that a little more sense of humour, distance, lightness (and even kind mockery) could only do good in this world… and in this so sad and so terrific beginning of year?
Never forget one thing, dear Angel of “correct” communication: by supporting Fairphone, everyone here also supports a company whose ideas dared “to be different” from others, a company who dared not to speak the same “economically correct languageas other brands, who dared “to take a step aside”, and who took the risk of being singled out for that. The creative spirit and invention cannot live with a conformist style, and this why I appreciate and support Fairphone (and this is also why I hope, and ask here, that they communicate about some subjects in a different way than other companies :wink:…)

PS: about the religious subject, I’m not the one who talked first about it: why the hell does someone come to this forum and present himself as “XX-I love Jesus”?! What does this have to do… with Fairphone?! So, yes, I claim the right to kindly laugh about it, since this Fairphoner just threw his belief in front of me! Anyone can believe in the the gods he wants, and pray to Buddha, Yahveh, Apple, God, “the Holy Market”, Allah or any else supposed higher and magic power. But, please, keep it for you, it’s your intimate faith… and I don’t have to know about it! (Excepted, of course, on a topic which would treat of religions, believes and philosophies… but I don’t think that it’s the case here, is it :blush:?)

Awesome, you found the tools to highlight some words in bold. Wasn’t too difficult, hm?

Not everyone is equipped with the senses of how far can I go with the kind humour one have. So I set my post to let you know you overplayed it. It is on you if you take it as a lesson or not.

Your P. S. let me guess you need some more time to get used to it. I could claim my right and add to my status “I fucked Remi_D”. Who cares? Someone could kindly laugh about it and write the hint that it couldn’t be a mayor experience. :wink:
We all can have fun together, with respect for other beeings, but not on the back of another.
This is why the start of this year was not a lucky one.

Interesting that you again reproach me a lot of things, and first, my “overplaying humour”… But in relation with what? Who judges? In the name of what? With what “Code”… other than your own moral sense?
And I noticed that, once again, you had not a word about the man who uses this forum… to claim his religion before the world! Not a word about whether to know if this is the place to do it or not? And this is why I also prefer not to answer your excessive, so irrelevant, comparison: excess is always used to hide some discomfort or lack of substantive argument…
Then I could accept to be “guilty” of everything you want but I consider that there clearly is a double standard between what is “bearable” in your eyes: my humour, no; using a smartphone forum to make the world know its religion, yes! Very, very interesting, in fact… (And it’s probably not necessary to ask you if you, yourself, also have a magical belief: this unfairness of judgment reveals the obvious… :blush:)
Have a good week-end, dear ElKrasso :slightly_smiling_face:

First: Could we please continue without personal insults?

Second: Discussions about the forum do not belong in this topic. Please start a new topic in #discuss:the-forum.

5 Likes

Hi Remi, I don’t know how familiar you are with internet forums but there are many where people have a signature under their post rather than a tagline besides their name - and those signatures can be much bigger / more intrusive than the taglines here and also contain very personal stuff at times. This forum already makes it fairly easy to look over them.

Also, I live in a country where wearing religious symbols in public is mostly allowed, also in jobs facing the public. It is quite possible here to walk into a phone store for help with your phone and meet an employee carrying a cross sign around their neck or wearing a hijab. I see taglines in forums as comparable to that. I am ‘wearing’ it but not actively talking about it in my posts in this topic.

4 Likes

Dear forum users,
I’ve temporarily closed the topic as the discussion has diverted from the original question, as apparently all new opinions have been given and to give you time to consult the forum rules in the FAQ (which state e.g. to criticize ideas, not people, to respect each other and to be alway civil).
As soon as the topic automatically reopens then feel free to continue the discussion but please try to focus on discussing the original topic.
Thanks!