Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Willkommen, @udoka! :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m just adding my interest to the list of people desperately awaiting a Fairphone 3 in the US. I’ve been clinging to an powerful, but 8 year old LG, waiting to see if there would be a modification to Fairphone 2 for better US network compatibility, and am now holding out the 3 seems imminent, but I was hoping this Summer, as I’m fearing I will soon need to get some other phone just because my old one is having a harder and harder time doing its jobs… Is there any realistic estimate of when it will be available?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @lio.

In this topic you’ll find all the forum community knows and has heard rumours about:

Yes, that’s how I found this forum! I was hoping that by joining I might find something official here too and not just rumors. Is Fairphone not able to make any official statement in response to these rumors?

Thank you!

(official statement about release date and planned features that is.)

“So, we’re excited to announce that nearly three years after the introduction of the Fairphone 2, we’re not releasing a new model just yet. Instead, we’re aiming to extend the life cycle of the phone as much as we can.”

1 Like

Yes, I thought that came before the French article, but I guess it overrides it… To bad for potential US customers. It doesn’t seem from anything I’ve read that investing in the (expensive) FP2 is a good plan for here…

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hy I‘m Lotta from Germany.

I get my FP2 a we days ago.
Bevor I was an IPhone User.
My English isn‘t very well, so I‘m happy, if we can write in german.

Greetings
Lotta

4 Likes

Hi @Lotta_Hund

Willkommen im Forum. :slight_smile:
Ich hab deinen Post hierher verschoben, da hier alle Vorstellungen stattfinden.
Du kannst alle Fragen die du hast gerne auf deutsch posten. Deutschsprachige Themen findest du unter folgendem tag: :de:.

LG,
Paula

1 Like

Hallo Paula,

Vielen lieben Dank. Mein Englisch ist wirklich grottig. :pensive:
Ich bin also Lotta, 45 Jahre und ich lebe im Ruhrgebiet. Mein altes IPhone 6 hätte jetzt einen neuen Akku gebraucht und endlich habe ich mich entscheiden können, ein FP2 zu kaufen.
Im Moment ist einiges noch etwas holperig, aber ich denke ich bleibe beim FP2 .
Ich habe ein paar Fragen zur Vernetzung im Auto und zur Installation des Mail Programms. Wo stelle ich die am besten?

Liebe Grüße
Lotta

3 Likes

Hello,
I am french and I have a fairphone2 from few months. I preferred free software and I work for an association “les ordis Libres”: www.lesordislibres.fr

Je suis française et j’ai acheté mon fairphone2 il y a quelques mois. c’est mon tout premier téléphone mobile! Je soutiens les logiciels libres depuis pas mal de temps et j’ai fondé une association “Les Ordis libres” dont l’objet essentiel est la réalisation d’une exposition à destination du grand public. Tout est ici www.lesordislibres.fr

3 Likes

Das klingt entweder nach #fairphone2help oder wenn es eher allgemeine Fragen sind nach software.

Bienvenue au forum, @Tinouck :grin:

hi Marco how are you?
how can you read I have a problem can you help me?
I am italian and i live in Rome. I have 63years and I have The fairphone 2 only from 4 month.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @merolar. :slight_smile: To get help, please search the forum using the :mag: above or post in the #fairphone2help category.

1 Like

Thank you, Stefan. I have try too.

Hi,

my name is Christian and I have a Fairphone 2. I am a long time Android and Linux user, I live in Hannover (Germany) and you can find me on Twitter @datenteiler.

Thank you very much for this community! It’s really helpful to start as a Fairphoner.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Fairphone forum, @datenteiler :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m Jo, I’m over 50 and live in Australia.
I ordered my Fairphone to be delivered to friends when my husband and I travelled to the UK in July 18. Once home, I managed to set it all up myself - even though I’m not very tech savvy and find it all a bit stressful normally. It was actually easier than expected.
Being a first time Android user, I found things a bit different to get used to, but everything works perfectly well.
I’m a procurement professional and an advocate of the new ISO20400 on sustainable procurement. It’s important to me to ‘walk the talk’ wherever I can - so I’m very proud of my Fairphone and love the conversations it’s generating.
I hope Australia can be ‘brought into the fold’ very soon, we’re not so different or even distant in this ‘day and age’. Any plans?

12 Likes

@joinoz Welcome to the Fairphone Community Forum! :slight_smile: Please consider that this forum is led by the community and Fairphone staff doesn’t read each and every post.

You might be interested in this topic:

And possibly in this tag: australia

3 Likes

Hi!
I’m from France.
Just got a FairPhone 2 last week, thanks to the partnership between FairPhone and Orange, and already switched to FairPhone Open with root access. Figured I should come here too :slight_smile:

8 Likes