Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to the forum Tabea!
Could you split the part of your post about your issues into a separate topic in the #fairphone2help category? Thanks.

Hey Paula

Thanks, yes i’ll do that.

hi there
I’m using a FP1 of the first batch. Also, this is my first ‘smartphone’ – so far I’m very happy with it. And it’s not only the phone. I also like the kind and fast support one gets here :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Sum! :slight_smile: I have granted you the FP First Edition Owner badge. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello there and thank you!

I think, at least one person is missing this badge. hinthint
See entry on Sep 16 above :wink:

2 Likes

Done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!

Recently got a second hand FP1 First Edition from a fellow Fairphone Community member. Use it as my secondary phone right now. Really liking it although the software is a bit old. Kinda thinking about using it as my primary phone (because of the Dual SIM functionallity.) Using also an iPhone SE right now.
Bought a Fairphone because I followed this company for a long time and want to be part of the movement!

6 Likes

Welcome the the forum, @gewoonrick! :slight_smile: I also granted you the FP1 First Editon Owner badge.

You should update your profile information, it still says “I do not own a Fairphone (yet)”. :wink:

Hi all! Just arrived to this community, finally I am ready to change my phone to a Fairphone, hoping it’d be a FP 3.

My name is Aurelio and I’m a Spaniard living in China (Spanish Teacher), while my SO is Chinese and lives in Spain with our 3 kids (I plan to be back ASAP!). This makes me think about the urgent need of leaving differences apart and aim for the common good. Speaking of which, I’m a big supporter of the so called movement (Economy for the Common Good), and one of your colleagues gave a talk on your business model at the NESI Forum (New Economy and Social Innovation), in the city I lived for almost 16 years, nice! Here the link :wink:
So, I’ve had one or two ideas and I’d like to get in touch here with people more remarkable than me, to learn from them and share.
Best wishes for all, and Common Good!

Aurelio

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Aurelio_Lopez! :slight_smile:

Please be aware that this is mainly a community forum and most posts are not read by Fairphone staff. The communitymoderators are not employed by Fairphone, for example.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve had an iphone 4 for almost 8 years and I’m now ready for a Fairphone. Looking to buy a new one when they are available in the website again (or when the phone coop decide to sell them without a contract again!)

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Carlos.

If you’re in a hurry you can look at the list of #resellers.

1 Like

Thanks Paula! If it is not available in the website by the end of the year I will do that, possibly through Ecosto

Good morning Fair Phoners (?)

I don’t have a fairphone yet, heck I don’t even have an Android.

No worries. I still can use a phone – although this is not my favorite communication device. Actually I like writing a lot, and on Discourse in particular. I run Petites Singularités, a non-profit in Brussels that uses Discourse in our daily work. We explore organizational practices to understand how free technologies can amplify the organization’s actions. We work with free software exclusively.

I want to engage Fairphone further into the free software and free hardware worlds…

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @how! You wrote the 500th post in this thread! :smiley:

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Post count different for different users. How come?

Hi,

My name is Dom and I am a web developer living in Derbyshire, UK.

My journey to finding the Fairphone started as a result of looking into ways to improve my lifestyle to benefit my local community and the environment, including turning vegan 3 months ago. I happened to purchase a magazine recently (Permaculture for anyone interested) when I was browsing in my local supermarket, which contained an advert for the Fairphone courtesy of The Phone Co-Op.

I was in the market for a new phone as my previous one had recently packed up and, even though I had sent it to the manufacturer to be repaired, they classed it as an uneconomical repair and so were going to charge me for a replacement handset (even though the phone was still under the 2 year warranty, there was some damage that apparently voided it).

I had all but decided on my new phone - the iPhone SE - as I like small form factor phones so that I can easily use with one hand, and that was the only alternative to the Sony Xperia Compact range that I had previously, alongside not being too happy with Android/Google at that point in time (not that I considered Apple to be much better).

So alongside all this, I was also learning more about online privacy and data security, and finding out about how much data is being collected from companies/services online and offline that a lot of us take for granted.

All these things culminated in making the decision to purchase the Fairphone 2. The first thing I did with the phone after turning it on and getting it hooked up to the Wi-Fi was to install the Fairphone Open OS, as it is important for me to not use GAPPS where possible.

I haven’t fully migrated yet (my SIM card is still sitting in an old spare phone) as I am working on understanding and getting all the functionality set up before I use it as my main handset, but I am working on it as I have some downtime over the holiday period.

I am looking forward to learning more about open-source app development so hopefully in future I can get stuck in myself.

The information on this forum has proved invaluable, and will continue to do so as I delve further into the possibilities.

Cheers,
Dom

7 Likes

Hi. My name is toon, 34 years old and from the Netherlands (Eindhoven). I just bought the fairphone 2. It is a great device. It is superior to the simple samsung GT-S5280 I was used to passed 3 years. But price is also much higher (530 euros compared to 80).

I like to be more independed from the tech giants, and I like to spend my money in a way which encourages a proper way of doing business. Meaning that all life is respected everywhere anytime. Being by mere luck a citizen of the free and prosperous west world this is the least thing I can do with my stable freedom and wealth.

Fairphone seems to be the only one among the big players like samsumg, apple and so on.

It was a bit disappointing to discover that google has infected (so to speak) Android completely. And that there is no easy way out. But I saw that on this forum you can run completely google free, which I am going to study and try. Because I can not accept that buying a (striving for) fair phone means you must give up your digital identity to some uncontrolled company.

9 Likes