Welcome! Introduce yourself here!

Hello everyone!

I have just decided to join the forum after few months of ownership over a Fairphone 2 running FP Open OS. I am quite happy with it and I have had no particular issues so far. I updated it to Android 7.1.2. smoothly (although encryption required a little tweak).

I am based in south of France for now, but I am going to travel for one year in Japan from the beginning of next year. It will be the opportunity to test the FP2 on the road. It should be alright though regarding network compatibility thanks to the information provided on the forum.

Finally, thank you for this community, and I’m happy to be part of it!

:smiley:

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @anon89700630! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I am Barbara from Austria and a brand new fairphone user. mine came yesterday and i am trying to set it up over the weekend…
Thanks to all of you for your forum-postings, since it might help me a lot figuring out how to make it the best experience!
All the best for the coming festivities and the new year!
Barbara

6 Likes

Hey Barbara, welcome to the Fairphone Forum! :slight_smile: I hope you know the Austrian Fairphoners already? :smiley:
You too hava a Merry Christmas! :blush:

4 Likes

Danke für den Hinweis! Hab gleich den Newsletter bestellt :slight_smile:
Frohe Weihnachten!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Diane living in Tokyo, Japan. I just got a used FP2 (from a relative who updated to a newer FP) and I could connect it to the network. I just inserted my Mineo sim card (it’s a low cost telecom company using NTT Docomo network for a fraction of the price, using sim-unlocked phones), setup the APN and tadaa ! I’m very happy with it so far! My 6 years old previous smartphone broke in December and I didn’t want to buy a new phone while it was still working fine. Finally it broke, haha. Anyways, many (closed) discussions on the forum asked if FP would work in Japan, it does.

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Diane! :slight_smile:

Do you have LTE/4G connection? See: Planned support for more LTE bands

I replied on the link you shared. Probably not, I only get a H symbol, not LTE, but it is sooo fast I have zero lag at all.

1 Like

Hi!

I am Sebastian, I am born in Graz, the second biggest city in Austria. I live in Vienna.

I am very interested in sustainability, therefore the fairphone was the best choice for me.

I am optimistic that our society will find its way to sustainability.

The first stepstone ist for me finding sustainable happiness - for me possible with knowledge and consciousness about oxytocin, and other happiness hormones.

Another important part for me is perma culture - a way of sustainable grown food.

Last but not least, dignity is for me the most important value, that helps me find peace, freedom and community - Gerald Hüther’s concept about dignity expresses my feelings about it.

I am greatful to having you in this community,

have a nice time with your fairphone and enjoy your life!

Greetings,

Sebastian

8 Likes

When we meet up to fix your phone you should meet my mother. She can’t stop talking about Gerald Hüther. :wink:

1 Like

Hi,
I’m Javi, from Spain, 31 years old and chemical engineer. I love technology, swimming and science in general (I recently started to study Physics).

I have been worried about enviroment since a was young and I am always trying to minimize the impact of my behavior in the enviroment. Is for that reason I know about Fairphone.

I do not own a FP, because I didn’t buy any phone since about 3 years ago, before I knew about this company. Sometimes I think about buy a FP2 only because I like to support brands worried about fair trade and enviroment (maybe a FP2 new life edition?).

I am also worried about society. In the last years I am worried about this two topics (sustainability and society) more than ever so I became a member different ONGs.

I work in an industry involved in the circular economy too. We use the waste of the winemaking industry to abtain high valued products for the food industry, pharmaceuticals and energy.

My only treasure are my friends and family. I notice then people around us is the most important resource we have in life.

So, this is a brief abstract about me.

(Sorry if sometimes I make mistakes, English is not my mother tongue)

I hope I can talk with other people with a few interests in common. So, nice to meet you all!

9 Likes

Welcome to the Fairphone forum, @javiz87, and Feliz Pascua! :smiley:

Maybe @iratxe would be an interesting contact for you. She is a Spanish networker connecting sustainable companies.

4 Likes

Hi, i’m Lesley, a Fairphone 2 user since 2 years.
Not sure how this forum works but here goes!

8 Likes

Welcome here, there is plenty to read. Feel free to use the search function.

Hallo there!

My first handheld computer was a nokia lumia 620. It worked fairly well, with only fewer and fewer apps as a major down side, until it suddenly stopped working.
Still hesitating about FP 2, I bought a second hand lumia 630. This one is still working okay, with same issue(s) as 620: fewer apps and browser crashing for more and more websites.

Thanx to a whim I have a FP 2, for 2 months now.
I have been looking up which OS I could install on the FP 2 and tried to decide which one to go for ( reading a lot of interesting posts on this forum , for instance posts of @paulakreuzer). In the long run I decided I’d go for Fairphone Open ( for starters, possibly ).
As a rough guide I’m trying to get @FP2GenericUser’s setup from https://forum.fairphone.com/t/my-fp2-open-hardened-google-free-setup/ installed.

Amatoo,
AbangL

9 Likes

Welcome to the Fairphone forum, @AbangL :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I’m Andreas from Augsburg, Bavaria und I’m using my Fairphone 2 for about a year now with pleasure. Now I’m proud to be a part of the Fairphone community as a forum user, too :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: Does this mean that you are part of the local Fairphone community already? :blush:

3 Likes

Hi Stefan,

no, I just joined the community here as a “normal” user, but maybe I find time to join the local community as well :slight_smile:

Btw, thanks for showing me this thing with the Munich community :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to the community & the forum!

Wenn mal was ist: das ein oder andere Ersatzteil habe ich auch in Augsburg. :sunglasses:

5 Likes